In this role you will be responsible for ensuring market leading operational processes across Oodle’s operations teams. The heart of the responsibility will be to ensure the processes are efficient, controlled, in line with all required regulation and drive the best customer outcomes. You willl need to work closely with all operations teams, the core product teams along with QA and Development to manage all change across the business into Operations. Underpinning the approach will be a need to drive data driven monitoring and decisioning.
The core responsibilities include:
- Defining and documenting all business processes
- Managing all business change into the operations teams (whether from agents, product teams, compliance or any other stakeholder)
- Ensure change in managed within risk appetite of the business
- To become the expert in and drive all processes operating across Oodle operations;
- Communicate with internal colleagues to understand the needs of departments;
- Work with stakeholders to understand and investigate feedback into the service, function or product provided;
- Analyse and create suggestions for strategic and operational improvements and changes;
- Consider opportunities and potential risks attached to suggestions you make;
- To document, review, update and standardise the documentation of the Operations structure, objectives, policies and procedures;
- Continually seek ways to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the business;
- To ensure procedures operate in line with Regulatory requirements and within agreed risk appetite;
- To assist as business priorities require with the delivery of key projects, special initiatives, issue resolution or business opportunities;
- To deliver the role in line with the businesses core brand principles to help drive customer awareness and our member culture.
Core Skills and Experience:
- Experience of lending operations and the regulatory framework around these;
- Business analysis, facilitation and problem solving;
- Experience of process re-engineering and implementation of process to operations teams
- Understanding, documentation and implementation of business process;
- Understanding of data, data structures and reporting;
- People & relationship management skills;
- Computer Literate with a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word and PowerPoint);
- Organised, accurate, prepared to take ownership of tasks;
- Able to manage your own time, pro-active and able to follow tasks through to completion;
- The ability to work under pressure and to strict time frames;
- Good written and verbal communication skills;
- Ensure appropriate authorities and escalations are adhered to through processes.
What do we offer in return?
We offer a competitive salary, pension, healthcare, a bonus scheme, share options and 25 days paid leave.
We work a 9-6 day, based in Oxford Science Park but we do value work life balance and can be flexible. We have a fridge full of diet coke, a cupboard full of bagels & cereal, (you will never skip breakfast again) and a monthly company lunch. Other activities include early morning fitness sessions, Salsa class, Yoga, a Monday night football team (OodleForce) and a Tough Mudder team, we also have an Oodle personal trainer! We have regular social events and hold OodleFest in July – a truly memorable party in a field for all Oodle employees and their families.
PLUS we support you with a days paid leave to do volunteer work, a new initiative we are very proud of and we have a successful Mentoring scheme.
Oodle Car Finance is changing the way people buy cars, by putting our customers’ needs front and centre of the biggest retail market in the UK. We are bringing the used-car market bang up to date by building modern, digital, retail processes around what the customer actually needs. Although we primarily provide loans for our customers and link them up with some of the UK’s best car dealers (in one rapid, blink-and-you-miss-it, digital procedure), that is just the start. Our ultimate goal is to make buying a car as easy as buying a t-shirt on Amazon. With a glove box full of powerful algorithms (and investment from some of the world’s most reputable financial institutions) we have been building and developing a customer-first, fully integrated digital retail experience inspired by Amazon’s one-click model. We’re not quite there yet, but with our proprietary loan technology, machine learning, and Big Data infrastructure, we’re shooting for the stars.
To help us achieve our ultimate mission to create a best-in-class consumer experience - where our customers reap the benefits - we are looking for exceptional individuals to join our team, and revel in the ride. We need outstanding people with buckets full of energy, desire, curiosity and a can-do attitude to thrive in a fast-paced (and fun) entrepreneurial environment. Everyone at Oodle has an input on how we develop and how we change the game.