We're hiring a UX Architect to join our growing London tech hub. Oodle is a Fintech with a mission: to make car buying and car ownership simple by combining an online finance journey and the ability to search for, select and purchase a car online. The used car industry is the largest retail market in the UK at £50bn but is also one of the few markets that have not witnessed the digital innovation that has been seen in other sectors like ASOS, Ocado and Netflix...
So, now for the fun stuff...Oodle are a solid and well established brand but we are looking to rebuild everything from the ground up, a complete redesign! You will get involved with the full end to end design process including the complete build of our design system, building a framework for the design elements and the colour palettes so the brand is aligned and working closely with the Product Owners to make sure everyone is aligned across the business. As expected, you will come across a mix of challenges, but your main challenge will be building out multiple products simultaneously.
Researching new features will come later in the process so the Initial stage is a solid and grounded UX thinking!
Key Components of the Role
- Deliver mobile first information architecture for native mobile and web applications
- Developing user flow and user experience
- Analysing consumer usability – the consumer needs to be front and center in the development
- Partner with the business analyst to develop the UX requirements document & testing plan
- Lead UX workshops and digital meetings with clients, technical partners and creative teams, helping all parties to think "user first"
- Translate audience research and user needs into design solutions
- Create the documentation, deliverables, and insights reports that clearly communicate findings and recommendations, such as research analyses, wireframes, mockups, conceptual sketches, user flows
- Be part of an agile development team requiring the use of agile design principles
- Ability to run design discovery sessions and design thinking sessions
- Ability to lead and manage user groups for discovery and testing
- Create wireframes, mockups,
- Work with web developers and engineers to deliver final products
We are a deeply fun and outgoing team who all sit in our start-up office on Oxford Street. We value the desire to get our hands dirty and waste no time as we bid to change the used-car industry. We work hard to provide an extraordinary place to work, and to look after our employees.
Oh, and we also offer a best-in-class salary, benefits, a bonus scheme, share options and 25 days paid leave.
At Oodle we are proud to nurture a workplace free from discrimination. We truly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users. Suitable applicants with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can and should apply. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status. We welcome all applicants and look forward to hearing from you.
Oodle Car Finance is changing the way people buy cars, by putting our customers’ needs front and centre of the second biggest retail market in the UK. Traditionally car buyers have had to negotiate a confusing, tired and fragmented marketplace that is light years behind other retail sectors. Until now. We’re bringing a new approach to the used car market; bringing it up to speed by building a modern, digital, retail process centered around our customers.
Since launching two years ago we’ve seen huge growth and success, employing over 170 people and witnessed 500% growth in 2018 alone which is a trajectory we’re set to continue as we bring exciting new products to the market! As we scale, we need exceptional people who will relish the challenge and enjoy the ride to join us. People with buckets full of energy, curiosity and a can-do attitude to thrive in a dynamic, fun and ambitious environment. When you join Oodle, you directly input on how we develop and how we change the game.