We're hiring a Senior Product Designer to join our growing tech hub in London. Oodle is a Fintech with a mission: to make car buying and car ownership simple by combining an online finance journey and the ability to search for, select and purchase a car online. The used car industry is the largest retail market in the UK at £50bn but is also one of the few markets that have not witnessed the digital innovation that has been seen in other sectors like ASOS, Ocado and Netflix...
So, what are we looking for? We are looking for a visually talented individual who is able to cater for IOS and Android as well as web. You will have the capability of creating clean UX journeys for our users as well as being able to create beautiful visuals for our brand.
As part of the design team you will work closely with other design and technical team members to understand project goals and deliver clean User Interface designs that deliver against business and user needs.
- Taking part in cross functional team meetings
- Sketching initial design ideas
- Identifying the suitability and availability of materials
- Research, benchmarking fintech and automotive trends
- Presenting ideas at various stages of the design process
- Maintaining awareness of current design trends and influences
- Modifying ideas according to the feedback received after each session
Expertise & Experience
- Product Design background, ideally of multi-disciplinary outlook
- Excellent visualization skills and ability to express and illustrate
- Minimum of 5 years commercial experience in design related role
- Good level of knowledge in Sketch, inVision, Adobe suites
- An interest in new technologies, and trends
Style of work
- Creative, innovative approach
- Ideal candidate must be able to work in a rapid and dynamic environment
- Both commercial and trend aware
- Ability to plan, commit and deliver to deadlines and priorities workload
- To communicate in a clear and organised manner both written and orally
- Team-player, enthusiastic and supportive of other team members
- Communicative, cheerful and open-minded
- Self-motivated, take an active interest in personal self-development
- Good overall organisation skills
We are a deeply fun and outgoing team who all sit in our start-up office on Oxford Street. We value the desire to get our hands dirty and waste no time as we bid to change the used-car industry. We work hard to provide an extraordinary place to work, and to look after our employees.
Oh, and we also offer a best-in-class salary, benefits, a bonus scheme, share options and 25 days paid leave.
At Oodle we are proud to nurture a workplace free from discrimination. We truly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users. Suitable applicants with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can and should apply. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status. We welcome all applicants and look forward to hearing from you.
Oodle Car Finance is changing the way people buy cars, by putting our customers’ needs front and centre of the second biggest retail market in the UK. Traditionally car buyers have had to negotiate a confusing, tired and fragmented marketplace that is light years behind other retail sectors. Until now. We’re bringing a new approach to the used car market; bringing it up to speed by building a modern, digital, retail process centered around our customers.
Since launching two years ago we’ve seen huge growth and success, employing over 170 people and witnessed 500% growth in 2018 alone which is a trajectory we’re set to continue as we bring exciting new products to the market! As we scale, we need exceptional people who will relish the challenge and enjoy the ride to join us. People with buckets full of energy, curiosity and a can-do attitude to thrive in a dynamic, fun and ambitious environment. When you join Oodle, you directly input on how we develop and how we change the game.