Role Profile – Compliance Manager
For too long car buyers have had to negotiate a confusing, tired and fragmented marketplace that is light years behind other retail sectors. Until now. We are ripping up the rule book and breaking the mould of a lender in the used-car market. Since launching 3yrs ago the company has seen huge growth and success as it attempts to disrupt the biggest retail market in the UK.
Oodle Car Finance is changing the way people buy cars, by putting our customers’ needs front and centre of the biggest retail market in the UK. We are bringing the used-car market bang up to date by building modern, digital, retail processes around what the customer actually needs. We primarily provide loans for our customers and link them up with some of the UK’s best car retailers
Although we primarily provide loans for our customers and link them up with some of the UK’s best car dealers (in one rapid, blink-and-you-miss-it, digital procedure), that is just the start. Our ultimate goal is to make buying a car as easy as buying a t-shirt on Amazon. With a glove box full of powerful algorithms (and investment from some of the world’s most reputable financial institutions) we have been building and developing a customer-first, fully integrated digital retail experience inspired by Amazon’s one-click model. We’re not quite there yet, but with our proprietary loan technology, machine learning, and Big Data infrastructure, we’re shooting for the stars.
We only hire exceptional individuals to join our team. And revel in the ride. We need outstanding people with strong academic achievements and/or expertise in their subject, along with buckets full of energy, desire, curiosity and a can-do attitude to thrive in a fast-paced (and fun) entrepreneurial environment. Everyone at Oodle has an input on how we develop and how we change the game.
We currently have a requirement for a Compliance Manager to maintain our Compliance framework. You will be responsible for:
- Providing compliance advice to business units and personnel.
- Maintaining the Compliance Monitoring and Testing Programme.
- Undertaking regulatory audits and reviews.
- Monitoring and Reporting.
- Horizon scanning regulatory change.
- Review and amend internal policy and procedures to maintain regulatory compliance.
- Training colleagues and promoting organisational compliance internally.
- Assisting with key strategic projects and regulatory change initiatives.
- Managing internal and external regulatory relationships such as the FCA.
You need to have at least 5 years’ experience working in UK Financial Services in compliance, risk management or audit. Demonstrable expertise in Consumer Finance regulatory compliance requirements, you should have a detailed understanding of the following:
- FCA sourcebooks – CONC, DISP, SYSC and SUP.
- The Data Protection Act including GDPR.
- Additionally, you should be aware of:
- Oversight of distribution chains and broker networks.
- Broker permissions including, limited and full permission.
- Application of the Approved Persons or Senior Managers Regime.
You will be able to work independently, as part of the wider Legal and Compliance team. Attention to detail and excellent written & verbal communications skills are a must.
The working hours are 9am to 6pm - however we can be flexible.
Whilst we work hard, we have a fridge full of diet coke, a cupboard full of bagels & cereal, fresh fruit daily and a company lunch every Tuesday. Out Other activities include early morning fitness sessions, Salsa classes, Yoga, a Monday night football team (OodleForce) and a Tough Mudder team. We have regular social events (Pub crawls..) and held OodleFest in July – a truly memorable party in a field with all Oodlers and our families.
Oh, and we also offer a competitive salary, benefits, a healthy bonus scheme and 25 days paid leave.