At Oodle, we put our users first. As a Business Analyst in our Product Management team in Oxford, you'll work closely with Product Managers to support them in guiding products from conception to launch. As part of the team you will bridge the technical and business worlds as you design services that our users love.
What you'll be expected to do:
- Create specs, user stories and requirements from business ideas and problems and work with the Product team to deliver the solution.
- Liaise with business users to understand the challenges they face and articulate these challenges effectively in the form of user stories and requirements.
- Leading refinement sessions to ensure requirements are understood and documented
- Plan, coordinate and assist with the execution of testing and delivery. Including working closely with technical teams to identify and manage pre-requisite activities
- A real passion for data is a requirement to support with data queries arising from the business and technical teams, ensuring the correct approval process and governance is adhered to
- Support with clarifying and managing feedback on business requirements and complex workflows
- Work with the Product Manager to fully understand strategic vision for and help influence priorities and road maps
What we are looking for from you:
- Previous experience working as a BA. (Experience within the finance sector and/or the use of Salesforce is preferred but not required).
- You don't need to be a coder, but a solid technical understanding of IT solutions would be beneficial.
- You’ve worked across the full project lifecycle project in both structured and agile environments
- You have a natural curiosity to understand and solve real problems across the business.
- You are not afraid to take ownership of tasks and are flexible in your approach to requirement gathering.
- You are passionate about delivering user value quickly, iterating and learning – comfortable pushing back and challenging the status quo
- You can articulate technical pieces of work, particularly illustrating the business value, considering all perspectives and being clear on the ‘why’
We value the desire to get our hands dirty and waste no time as we bid to change the used-car industry. We work hard to provide an extraordinary place to work, and to look after our employees.
Oh, and we also offer a best-in-class salary, benefits, a bonus scheme, share options and 25 days paid leave.
At Oodle we are proud to nurture a workplace free from discrimination. We truly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users. Suitable applicants with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can and should apply. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status. We welcome all applicants and look forward to hearing from you.
Oodle Car Finance is changing the way people buy cars by putting our customers’ needs front and centre of the second biggest retail market in the UK. Traditionally car buyers have had to negotiate a confusing, tired and fragmented marketplace that is light years behind other retail sectors. Until now. We’re bringing a new approach to the used car market; bringing it up to speed by building a modern, digital, retail process centered around our customers.
Since launching two years ago we’ve seen huge growth and success, employing over 170 people and witnessed 500% growth in 2018 alone which is a trajectory we’re set to continue as we bring exciting new products to the market! As we scale, we need exceptional people who will relish the challenge and enjoy the ride to join us. People with buckets full of energy, curiosity and a can-do attitude to thrive in a dynamic, fun and ambitious environment. When you join Oodle, you directly input on how we develop and how we change the game.