Oodle Car Finance is changing the way people buy cars, by putting our customers’ needs front and centre of the biggest retail market in the UK. We are bringing the used-car market bang up to date by building modern, digital, retail processes around what the customer actually needs. Although we primarily provide loans for our customers and link them up with some of the UK’s best car dealers (in one rapid, blink-and-you-miss-it, digital procedure), that is just the start. Our ultimate goal is to make buying a car as easy as buying a t-shirt on Amazon. With a glove box full of powerful algorithms (and investment from some of the world’s most reputable financial institutions) we have been building and developing a customer-first, fully integrated digital retail experience inspired by Amazon’s one-click model. We’re not quite there yet, but with our proprietary loan technology, machine learning, and Big Data infrastructure, we’re shooting for the stars.
To help us achieve our ultimate mission to create a best-in-class consumer experience - where our customers reap the benefits - we are looking for exceptional individuals to join our team. And revel in the ride. We need outstanding people with buckets full of energy, desire, curiosity and a can-do attitude to thrive in a fast-paced (and fun) entrepreneurial environment. Everyone at Oodle has an input on how we develop and how we change the game.
We have a requirement for a senior role as Head of Collections to head up a new Manchester office. The successful candidate will have a thorough knowledge of what makes operational delivery best in class, with the ability to exemplify best practice leadership, performance management, team motivation and coaching. Ensuring that performance outputs are in line with the department’s targets will be a key requirement, as will the ability to define and build dashboards enabling stable operational delivery.
Driving continuous improvement activities across servicing operations is key, with the need to support a drive to automate and streamline delivery where opportunity arises.
KEY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensuring the development and achievement of short, medium and long-term plans of the Collections teams are fully aligned with Operational/business strategy and are actualised in a cost-effective manner and in line with regulations.
- To be responsible for continuous process improvement plans.
- Identifying and optimising income opportunities in the context of the agreed business plan including the building of business cases to realise revenues early and/or within existing resource base
- Develop and provide high quality credit risk related MI, insight and advice to key stakeholders to support informed decision making.
- Responsible for early identification, escalation and mitigation of emerging credit risks.
- Ensuring the alignment of employee levels in line with capacity plans across the team.
- Ensuring appropriate control on budget is maintained including resourcing, overtime and localised reward to ensure that the right balance is struck between driving improved performance and managing costs
- Creating and submitting a quarterly financial forecast for review by executive management. Responsible for operational delivery against the approved forecast and for managing operational budgets effectively and accurately
- Setting and reviewing organisational/productivity objectives in line with business requirements
- To be responsible for the relationship with and oversight of all external partners
- Coach, mentor, and develop staff, including overseeing new employee onboarding and providing career development planning and opportunities
ESSENTIAL CORE SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Extensive experience in leading, developing and coaching a highly effective Collections and/or Customer Services team in Consumer Finance
- Proven quantifiable success in leading a team of collection agents
- Knowledge of the principles and application of credit risk assessment
- Excellent written and presentational skills.
- Highly developed interpersonal and influencing skills.
- Decision orientated problem solver.
- Demonstrable experience of the principles of strategic management and business planning in a Services or related servicing organisation
- Experience in managing budgets and cost centres
- On a personal level, you will need to be pro-active, resilient, able to prioritise under pressure, enthusiastic, energetic and strong attention to detail.
This role is a full-time role, based in Manchester. In return, we offer a competitive salary, benefits, a bonus scheme and 25 days paid leave. Oodle is not a 9 to 5 culture, but whilst we work hard, we play hard too. We have a fridge full of diet coke, a cupboard full of bagels & cereal, and a company lunch every Tuesday. Extramural activities include early morning fitness sessions, a Monday night football team (OodleForce) and a Tough Mudder team. We have regular social events and hold OodleFest regularly in July – a truly memorable party in a field.