Your key responsibilities will be to:
- Assess credit applications in accordance with company policies and procedures
- Maximise all new business opportunities making full use of systems and processes available
- Make underwriting recommendations to higher mandate holders where necessary
- Maintain up to date knowledge of the company’s products and services
- Ensure all checks for quality and compliance have been completed on systems
- Develop and maintain strong business relationships with both Operations and Sales teams
You will need to:
- Be organised and have an ability to keep calm under pressure
- Be process driven but also able to think outside the box
- Have great interpersonal skills
- Understand Know Your Customer and anti-money laundering regulations
- Understand industry anti-fraud tools, e.g. CIFAS, Equifax
- Be self-motivated to meet and exceed the objectives of the team
- Always look to improve processes
- Be comfortable dealing with conflict resolution
This role is a full-time role, based at Oxford Science Park. In return, we offer a competitive salary, benefits, a bonus scheme and 25 days paid leave.
This is not a 9 to 5 culture – we’re open to customers 9am to 8pm and weekends so teams must be prepared to cover those hours (not all in one go however ) This role works shifts: 9am-5pm one week, and 12-8pm the other, with one weekend in 4 working 10am-6pm. But whilst we work hard, we have a fridge full of diet coke/coke, a cupboard full of bagels, bread and cereal, and a complimentary company lunch at least once a month. Extramural activities include in house fitness sessions, yoga, salsa classes, a Monday night football team.
Oodle Car Finance is changing the way people buy cars, by putting our customers’ needs front and centre of the biggest retail market in the UK. We are bringing the used-car market bang up to date by building modern, digital, retail processes around what the customer actually needs. Although we primarily provide loans for our customers and link them up with some of the UK’s best car dealers (in one rapid, blink-and-you-miss-it, digital procedure), that is just the start. Our ultimate goal is to make buying a car as easy as buying a t-shirt on Amazon. With a glove box full of powerful algorithms (and investment from some of the world’s most reputable financial institutions) we have been building and developing a customer-first, fully integrated digital retail experience inspired by Amazon’s one-click model. We’re not quite there yet, but with our proprietary loan technology, machine learning, and Big Data infrastructure, we’re shooting for the stars.
To help us achieve our ultimate mission to create a best-in-class consumer experience - where our customers reap the benefits - we are looking for exceptional individuals to join our team. And revel in the ride. We need outstanding people with buckets full of energy, desire, curiosity and a can-do attitude to thrive in a fast-paced (and fun) entrepreneurial environment. Everyone at Oodle has an input on how we develop and how we change the game.