Oodle Role Profile – Payout Consultant, Oxford
Oodle Car Finance is changing the way people buy cars, by putting our customers’ needs front and centre of the biggest retail market in the UK. We are bringing the used-car market bang up to date by building modern, digital, retail processes around what the customer actually needs. Although we primarily provide loans for our customers and link them up with some of the UK’s best car dealers (in one rapid, blink-and-you-miss-it, digital procedure), that is just the start. Our ultimate goal is to make buying a car as easy as buying a t-shirt on Amazon. With a glove box full of powerful algorithms (and investment from some of the world’s most reputable financial institutions) we have been building and developing a customer-first, fully integrated digital retail experience inspired by Amazon’s one-click model. We’re not quite there yet, but with our proprietary loan technology, machine learning, and Big Data infrastructure, we’re shooting for the stars.
To help us achieve our ultimate mission to create a best-in-class consumer experience - where our customers reap the benefits - we are looking for exceptional individuals to join our team. And revel in the ride. We need outstanding people with buckets full of energy, desire, curiosity and a can-do attitude to thrive in a fast-paced (and fun) entrepreneurial environment. Everyone at Oodle has an input on how we develop and how we change the game.
As part of our Operations Team, we are looking to expand our ever-growing Payout Team.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Checking and verifying all loan documentation received from customers is present, accurate, genuine and matches the details stored on the systems;
- Ensuring all required AML, KYC, Fraud and car checks are satisfied prior to payout;
- Prioritising daily payout work flow based on customer and business requirements;
- Liaising with customers on the phone and via email where necessary.
What are we looking for in our Oodle Employee?
Essential Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Ideally Payout experience from within the finance industry;
- Good written and verbal communication skills;
- The ability to remain calm under pressure;Strong attention to detail;
- Good organisation skills and the ability to prioritise;
- A strong sense of initiative, and a skilled problem solving;
- The ability to follow procedures and work within a regulated environment;
- Knowledge of: Data Protection Act, Money Laundering Regulations, Credit Risk Policy;
- The ability to ensure appropriate authorities and escalations are adhered to through processes.
This is not a 9 to 5 culture but whilst we work hard, we have a fridge full of diet coke/coke, a cupboard full of bagels & cereal, and a complimentary company lunch every other Tuesday. Extramural activities include in house fitness sessions, yoga, salsa classes, a Monday night football team (OodleForce) and a Tough Mudder team. We have regular social events and hold OodleFest regularly in July – a truly memorable party in a field.
Oh..and we also offer a competitive salary, benefits, a bonus scheme, share options and 25 days paid leave.