Senior Salesforce Software Engineer
Oodle Car Finance is changing the way people buy cars, by putting our customers’ needs front and centre of the second biggest retail market in the UK. Traditionally car buyers have had to negotiate a confusing, tired and fragmented marketplace that is light years behind other retail sectors. Until now. We’re bringing a new approach to the used car market; bringing it up to speed by building a modern, digital, retail process centered around our customers.
Since launching two years ago we’ve seen huge growth and success, employing over 170 people and witnessed 500% growth in 2018 alone which is a trajectory we’re set to continue as we bring exciting new products to the market! As we scale, we need exceptional people who will relish the challenge and enjoy the ride to join us. People with buckets full of energy, curiosity and a can-do attitude to thrive in a dynamic, fun and ambitious environment. When you join Oodle, you directly input on how we develop and how we change the game.
We now have the need for a Senior Software Engineer to join our growing Systems team. Reporting directly to the Salesforce Lead, Simon Goodyear, you will be responsible for development for our Salesforce platform as part of a multidisciplinary team. You will be expected to take the technical lead on all Salesforce projects, and must have a deep understanding of Salesforce as well as be comfortable in charge of proposing and implementing solutions.
- Develop business critical Salesforce applications for key business processes. You will also develop integrations with company systems and 3rd party systems using REST and SOAP web services, which Oodle use to deliver an amazing experience.
- Work in autonomous teams to build applications on the Salesforce platform.
- Define the best solutions for Salesforce and assist with technical design
- Work with other technology teams in order to facilitate interfaces between Salesforce.com and other systems.
- Minimum qualifications of a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- At least 5 years’ experience developing on Salesforce.com platform
- Platform developer I and Platform Developer II
- Salesforce certifications including Application Architect and System Architect
- Experience with Lightning Community Cloud
- At least 2 years’ experience of Lightning Components and the Aura framework
- Experience with Sales Cloud, Service Cloud and Field Service Lightning implementation
- Experience with Salesforce as a SSO IdP and SP
- Experience working as a developer in any Object-Oriented Development, Java preferably
- Apex and Visualforce
- Deep knowledge of and experience with Integrations (SOAP, REST, Bulk APIs) ideal
- Experience developing Salesforce reports using SOQL queries.
- Experience with DataLoader and the Salesforce Streaming API
- Development experience with other technologies is also an advantage
- Object-oriented design and patterns
- Excellent problem solving and communication skills
You will have a strong ability to communicate effectively both internally and externally, and to lead projects in a rapidly growing and demanding environment.
In return for your awesomeness, we offer a competitive salary (c.£65,000), an annual bonus scheme, 25 days paid leave (on top of Bank Holidays), non-contributory pension and private healthcare.