Salesforce Software Engineer
We're looking for a Salesforce Software Engineer to join our growing Systems team. Reporting directly to the Salesforce Lead, Simon Goodyear, you'll be responsible for development for our Salesforce platform as part of a multidisciplinary team. You will be expected to play a key part in Salesforce projects, and must have a deep understanding of Salesforce as well as be comfortable in charge of proposing and implementing solutions.
- Develop business critical Salesforce applications for key business processes. You will also develop integrations with company systems and 3rd party systems using REST and SOAP web services, which Oodle use to deliver an amazing experience.
- Work in autonomous teams to build applications on the Salesforce platform.
- Define the best solutions for Salesforce and assist with technical design
- Work with other technology teams in order to facilitate interfaces between Salesforce.com and other systems.
- Minimum qualifications of a Bachelors degree in Computer Engineering
- 5+ years’ experience developing on Salesforce.com platform
- Platform developer I, Salesforce Certified Sharing and Visibility Designer certifications
- Experience with Salesforce Lightning components, SLDS and Aura framework
- Experience with Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, Salesforce Communities
- Salesforce SDLC experience, ideally with ANT or Gearset
- Experience working as a developer in any Object-Oriented Development, Java preferably
- Strong knowledge of software development principles
- Apex and Visualforce
- Deep knowledge of and experience with Integrations (SOAP, REST, Bulk APIs) ideal
- Experience developing Salesforce reports using SOQL queries.
- Experience with DataLoader and the Salesforce Streaming API
- Development experience with other technologies is also an advantage
- Object-oriented design and patterns
- Excellent problem solving and communication skills
You will have a strong ability to communicate effectively both internally and externally, and to lead projects in a rapidly growing and demanding environment.
In return for your awesomeness, we offer a competitive salary, an annual bonus scheme, 25 days paid leave (on top of Bank Holidays), non-contributory pension and private healthcare.
Oodle Car Finance is changing the way people buy cars, by putting our customers’ needs front and centre of the biggest retail market in the UK. We are bringing the used-car market bang up to date by building modern, digital, retail processes around what the customer actually needs. Although we primarily provide loans for our customers and link them up with some of the UK’s best car dealers (in one rapid, blink-and-you-miss-it, digital procedure), that is just the start. Our ultimate goal is to make buying a car as easy as buying a t-shirt on Amazon. With a glove box full of powerful algorithms (and investment from some of the world’s most reputable financial institutions) we have been building and developing a customer-first, fully integrated digital retail experience inspired by Amazon’s one-click model. We’re not quite there yet, but with our proprietary loan technology, machine learning, and Big Data infrastructure, we’re shooting for the stars.
To help us achieve our ultimate mission to create a best-in-class consumer experience - where our customers reap the benefits - we are looking for exceptional individuals to join our team. And revel in the ride. We need outstanding people with buckets full of energy, desire, curiosity and a can-do attitude to thrive in a fast-paced (and fun) entrepreneurial environment. Everyone at Oodle has an input on how we develop and how we change the game.
This is not a 9 to 5 culture but whilst we work hard, we have a fridge full of diet coke/coke, a cupboard full of bagels & cereal, and a complimentary company lunch every other Tuesday. Extramural activities in our Oxford Office include in house fitness sessions, yoga, salsa classes, a Monday night football team (OodleForce) and a Tough Mudder team. We have regular social events and hold OodleFest regularly in July – a truly memorable party in a field.
Oh..and we also offer a competitive salary, benefits, a bonus scheme, share options and 25 days paid leave.