At Oodle, we put our users first. If this is your philosophy too, then read on. We are looking for an experienced and motivated Product Designer to join our rapidly growing team. You will lead the all aspects of the design of Oodle’s digital consumer products to deliver our vision, working with developers and product managers in cross functional agile teams. As well as the digital product itself this will include marketing materials, advertising and communications.
You'll happy working both at a high level on UX and product strategy as well as at the detailed level of visual, interface and interaction design. You will bring a strong user-centric focus, complemented with a solid design background and a great eye for detail.
As a product designer, you’ll be comfortable across the complete design process:
- Understanding and clarifying objectives
- Idea Generation and Evaluation
- Iteratively prototyping and testing with users at different levels of fidelity
- Working closely with developers during implementation
- Using qualitative and quantitative data to evaluate performance
You will be working in a dynamic, fast paced environment where your work can have an impact on real users quickly. From day to day you may be involved in producing prototypes and conducting user research, building infographics or adverts, crafting email templates, running experiments on the production application or presenting design concepts.
What we are looking for from you :
- Have a minimum of 3 years’ experience in UX design, either from a product team or from an agency
- Be proficient in a wide range of design tools (for example Sketch, Fireworks, Photoshop) and be able to use the most appropriate for the job in hand
- Have an outstanding portfolio of work which demonstrates how you are able to take objectives and translate these into rounded compelling products that users love
- Be enthusiastic about the value of the good design and how this can tackle challenging problems to deliver real value,
- Be confident in communicating to the business to ensure that design is front and centre in all product decisions
- Highly organised and used to working under pressure to reach deadlines.
You'll work closely with our excellent development team based in Cardiff, and the operational business teams based in our Oxford HQ.
We are a deeply fun and outgoing team who all sit in our start-up office on Oxford Street. We value the desire to get our hands dirty and waste no time as we bid to change the used-car industry. We work hard to provide an extraordinary place to work, and to look after our employees.
Oh, and we also offer a best-in-class salary, benefits, a bonus scheme, share options and 25 days paid leave.
At Oodle we are proud to nurture a workplace free from discrimination. We truly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users. Suitable applicants with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can and should apply. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status. We welcome all applicants and look forward to hearing from you.
Oodle Car Finance is changing the way people buy cars by putting our customers’ needs front and centre of the second biggest retail market in the UK. Traditionally car buyers have had to negotiate a confusing, tired and fragmented marketplace that is light years behind other retail sectors. Until now. We’re bringing a new approach to the used car market; bringing it up to speed by building a modern, digital, retail process centered around our customers.
Since launching two years ago we’ve seen huge growth and success, employing over 170 people and witnessed 500% growth in 2018 alone which is a trajectory we’re set to continue as we bring exciting new products to the market! As we scale, we need exceptional people who will relish the challenge and enjoy the ride to join us. People with buckets full of energy, curiosity and a can-do attitude to thrive in a dynamic, fun and ambitious environment. When you join Oodle, you directly input on how we develop and how we change the game.