We are looking for an experienced and motivated User Experience Designer to join our growing team at Oodle, a FinTech startup headquartered in Oxford. You will lead the all aspects of the design of Oodle's digital consumer products to deliver our vision, working with developers and product managers in cross functional agile teams. As well as the digital product itself this will include marketing materials, advertising and communications.
You will be happy working both at a high level on UX and product strategy as well as at the detailed level of visual, interface and interaction design. You will bring a strong user-centric focus, complemented with a solid design background and a great eye for detail.
As a product designer, you’ll be comfortable across the complete design process:
- Understanding and clarifying objectives
- Idea Generation and Evaluation
- Iteratively prototyping and testing with users at different levels of fidelity
- Working closely with developers during implementation
- Using qualitative and quantitative data to evaluate performance
You will be working in a dynamic, fast paced environment where your work can have an impact on real users quickly. From day to day you may be involved in producing prototypes and conducting user research, creating infographics or adverts, designing email templates, running experiments on the production application or presenting design concepts.
You will need to:
- have a minimum of 3 years’ experience in UX design, either from a product team or from an agency
- he proficient in a wide range of design tools (for example Sketch, Fireworks, Photoshop) and be able to use the most appropriate for the job in hand
- have a great portfolio of work which demonstrates how you are able to take objectives and translate these into rounded compelling products that users love
- be passionate about the value of the good design and how this can solve challenging problems to deliver real value to the business
- be confident in communicating to the business to ensure that design is front and centre in all product decisions
- highly organised and used to working under pressure to reach deadlines.
This role will require you to work closely with our development team based in Cardiff, and the operational business teams based in our Oxford HQ. We would prefer you to work primarily in one of these locations but will consider someone based at home who will spend a couple of days a week in either location. You will need to regularly travel to these locations to perform your work effectively.
In return for your awesomeness we'll reward you with a competitive salary, an annual bonus scheme, 25 days holiday (on top of bank holidays), non-contributory pension and private healthcare.
Oodle Car Finance is a Fintech startup changing the way people buy cars, by putting our customers’ needs front and centre of the biggest retail market in the UK. We’re headquartered in Oxford with an office in central London and grew over 450% in 2018, with 2019 only looking to continue on this incredible trajectory.
We are bringing the used-car market bang up to date by building modern, digital, retail processes around what the customer actually needs. Although we primarily provide loans for our customers and link them up with some of the UK’s best car dealers (in one rapid, blink-and-you-miss-it, digital procedure), that’s just the start. Our ultimate goal is to make buying a car as easy as buying a t-shirt on Amazon. With a glove box full of powerful algorithms (and investment from some of the world’s most reputable financial institutions) we have been building and developing a customer-first, fully integrated digital retail experience inspired by Amazon’s one-click model. We’re not quite there yet, but with our proprietary loan technology, machine learning, and Big Data infrastructure, we’re shooting for the stars. This is where you come in.
To help us achieve our ultimate mission to create a best-in-class consumer experience where our customers reap the benefits, we want exceptional individuals to join our team and revel in the ride. We need outstanding people with strong achievements, along with buckets full of energy, desire, curiosity and a can-do attitude to thrive in a fast-paced and fun entrepreneurial environment. Rated 4.8 out of 5 on Glassdoor, we aim to provide the best employee experience you’ll have ever had.
When you join us at Oodle, you directly impact how we develop and how we change the game.