At Oodle, we put our users first. The Product Management team works closely with our developers to guide products from conception to launch. As part of the Product Management team, you bridge the technical and business worlds as you design services that our customers love. You will be driven and focused on action and can break down complex problems into steps that drive product development at speed. As a Product Manager, you will be part of shaping Oodle’s future.
Reporting to our Chief Product Officer, Suma, you'll be responsible for developing solutions and implementing requirements to support the growth of Oodle products worldwide. This includes launching products and working closely with our engineering and other product areas to define the right structure to support our products.
- Launch products on a regular basis.
- Identify market opportunities and define product vision and strategy.
- Understand customer needs and gather product requirements.
- Develop new products and enhance existing products.
- Engage closely with the engineering team to help determine the best technical implementation methods as well as a reasonable implementation schedule.
- BA/BSc in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, or a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 4 years of product management or related experience.
- Experience with product management or product design with a focus on software products and technologies.
- Experience developing Internet products and technologies.
- MSc or MBA or PhD.
- 5 years of relevant work experience.
- Experience building online payments and/or commerce products, and knowledge of global payments.
- Experience with managing products for software developers and development experience using various desktop and mobile app frameworks.
- Knowledge of multiple functional areas such as Product Management, Engineering, UX/UI, Sales, Customer Support, Finance or Marketing; understanding of go-to-market commerce enablers (e.g. payments, loyalty, subscriptions, etc.).
- Demonstrated ability to achieve strategic goals in an innovative and fast-paced environment, and to evolve product strategy based on research, data and industry trends; excellent problem-solving, organizational and analytical skills.
We are an extremely fun and outgoing team who all sit in big open plan offices, and we value candidates who have a desire to get their hands dirty and hit the ground running as we bid to change the used-car industry. We work hard to provide a great place to work, and to look after our employees.
Oh, and we also offer a market-leading salary, benefits, a bonus scheme, share options and 25 days paid leave. The hours are 9am to 6pm Monday to Friday, and you can be based in our London or Oxford offices.
Oodle Car Finance is a Fintech startup changing the way people buy cars, by putting our customers’ needs front and centre of the biggest retail market in the UK. We’re headquartered in Oxford with an office in central London and grew over 450% in 2018, with 2019 only looking to continue on this incredible trajectory.
We are bringing the used-car market bang up to date by building modern, digital, retail processes around what the customer actually needs. Although we primarily provide loans for our customers and link them up with some of the UK’s best car dealers (in one rapid, blink-and-you-miss-it, digital procedure), that’s just the start. Our ultimate goal is to make buying a car as easy as buying a t-shirt on Amazon. With a glove box full of powerful algorithms (and investment from some of the world’s most reputable financial institutions) we have been building and developing a customer-first, fully integrated digital retail experience inspired by Amazon’s one-click model. We’re not quite there yet, but with our proprietary loan technology, machine learning, and Big Data infrastructure, we’re shooting for the stars. This is where you come in.
To help us achieve our ultimate mission to create a best-in-class consumer experience where our customers reap the benefits, we want exceptional individuals to join our team and revel in the ride. We need outstanding people with strong achievements, along with buckets full of energy, desire, curiosity and a can-do attitude to thrive in a fast-paced and fun entrepreneurial environment. Rated 4.8 out of 5 on Glassdoor, we aim to provide the best employee experience you’ll have ever had.
When you join us at Oodle, you directly impact how we develop and how we change the game.