Are you an experienced Data Scientist looking to take responsibility of a growing Fintech start-up in London? If so, Oodle would love to speak to you!
The Team and What You'll Do:
Oodles hardworking Data Scientists are central to our growth by developing the business through quantitative analysis techniques using both statistical and machine learning methodologies. It is important to be able to communicate such insights to different business partners and you'll also contribute to how the data analysis platform and technology stack is structured to suit the data science team in the future.
- Derive insights from quantitative data, turning them into actionable plans and carrying out those plans out to the end
- Be willing to go deep and try things out, be it potential ideas of new analytics; an opportunity with new datasets; new analysis techniques or new analysis-related tools.
- Communicate complex ideas to a wide audience, from partners with a quantitative background, to developers, operations teams and management
Who you are:
- Hands-on experience in applying statistical/machine-learning techniques in quantitative analysis.
- Experience in programming in an object-oriented language, and/or experience with data analysis in Python/R. (Experience in database languages is a plus)
- Successfully completed a quantitative subject to degree level or above as well as experience in a quantitative role academically or within a business setting.
- Experience of working within a financially regulated organisation or credit risk is a major plus but not a prerequisite
We are a fun and outgoing team who all sit in a startup office on Oxford Street. We value getting our hands dirty and waste no time as we bid to change the used-car industry. We work hard to provide an outstanding place to work, and to look after our employees. Oh, and we also offer a best-in-class salary, benefits, a bonus scheme, share options and 25 days paid leave.
At Oodle we are proud to nurture a workplace free from discrimination. We truly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can and should apply. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status. We welcome all applicants and look forward to hearing from you.
Oodle Car Finance is changing the way people buy cars by putting our customers’ needs front and centre of the second biggest retail market in the UK. Traditionally car buyers have had to negotiate a confusing, tired and fragmented marketplace that is light years behind other retail sectors. Until now. We’re bringing a new approach to the used car market; bringing it up to speed by building a modern, digital, retail process centered around our customers.
Since launching two years ago we’ve seen huge growth and success, employing over 170 people and witnessed 500% growth in 2018 alone which is a trajectory we’re set to continue as we bring exciting new products to the market! As we scale, we need exceptional people who will relish the challenge and enjoy the ride to join us. People with buckets full of energy, curiosity and a can-do attitude to thrive in a dynamic, fun and ambitious environment. When you join Oodle, you directly input on how we develop and how we change the game.