We’re Onna: A passionate, hard-working team solving one of the biggest challenges facing today’s businesses — knowledge fragmentation. We’ve built the world’s first Knowledge Integration Platform to make enterprise knowledge more accessible, useful, and private. We help some of the world’s leading companies like Facebook, Slack, Electronic Arts, and Fitbit, to bring together fragmented knowledge from today’s most popular workplace applications. With our platform, teams can unify, protect, search, automate, and build on top of their organization’s proprietary knowledge, allowing them to leverage it in new and intuitive ways.
Onna is engaged in an active phase of growth and we are hiring across our offices in New York City, Barcelona, Raleigh-Dunham, San Francisco, London & Toulouse. We are thrilled to be able to welcome new team members from across the world to a work environment which is lighthearted, fast-paced, exciting, and flexible. We provide our people with the tools, resources, and outstanding leadership to take their career to the next level. If this sounds like an exciting opportunity, we want to hear from you!
Due to our recent success and hyper-growth, we are looking to scale our existing architecture and engineering organization by hiring a motivated and talented Senior Software Engineer (Backend) to join our team in Barcelona, Spain. If you are a proactive, passionate and an enthusiastic engineer with demonstrable experience in scalable distributed systems, we think you’ll be a great fit.
Together with other Senior & Principal Engineers at Onna, you’ll be designing, delivering and scaling a complex distributed system capable of handling and processing large amounts of data every second.
Our work environment is lively, fast-paced, exciting, and flexible. We’ll provide you with the tools, resources, and outstanding leadership to take your career to the next level. If you’re looking for an invigorating work place where you can let your coding skill shine and aren't afraid of a "work hard, play hard" mindset, we want to meet you!
What you'll do:
- System architecture design, implementation, testing and delivery.
- Product development primarily using Python but also able to use the right language for the right job
- Work in Agile squads with strong attention to well-documented, scalable, testable code that can be delivered in a continuous integration pipeline.
- Contribute towards system reliability and high availability by engaging in creating observability of different services and components.
- Mentor & coach fellow engineers.
- Promote engineering best practices within the organization.
Who you are:
- Strong background and experience in designing and delivering complex scalable projects using Python or other programming languages.
- Experience with distributed systems, async programming and event-driven architectures.
- Broad technical expertise spanning operating systems, programming languages, API development, databases, networking, performance and security.
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform or other cloud computing platforms.
- Knowledge of Docker, Kubernetes or other containerisation technologies.
- Knowledge of Elasticsearch/Lucene will be a plus.
- Experience with modern CI/CD workflows and technologies.
- You hold a BS/MS degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Passioned about mentoring, coaching and training other engineers.
Benefits we offer:
We've entered a new era of remote work, where our day-to-day is now virtual, and we're committed to adapting to embrace this change.
- Competitive salary package
- Comprehensive medical, and dental coverage
- 23 days holidays per year
- Flexible working time
- Remote and semi-remote work opportunities
- Gym memberships or monthly virtual fitness and well-being stipend
- Learning and development budget
- Allowance for remote work set-up
- Birthday and anniversary celebration
- Spanish & English classes
About the product & Onna’s funding:
Our growing list of integrations includes the likes of G-Suite, Slack, Microsoft 365, Box, Dropbox and more. Our open API allows us to integrate with any cloud-based or on-premise platform, for optimal control and visibility into your most critical knowledge. Once connected to Onna, the potential use cases are limitless: Information Governance, eDiscovery, Compliance, Knowledge Management, are just a few ways Onna can empower organizations and their employees.
In 2019, we closed an $11M Series A led by Dawn Capital with the participation of our integration partners Slack Fund and Dropbox, and in 2020 we closed a $27M Series B led by Atomico with participation from Glynn Capital, as well as follow-up investments from Dawn Capital, Nauta Capital, and Slack Fund.
Onna is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. You must have authorization to work in the location the position is posted.