Who is SuperJoy Studios
SuperJoy Studios - where quality and imagination come together to deliver unforgettable gaming adventures in the Fortnite Metaverse. With a team of talented developers, central to the Fortnite Creative space, we strive to create custom games and experiences that are not only visually stunning but also immersive, engaging, and above all, fun. Get ready to embark on an epic adventure with SuperJoy Studios!
PICTURE YOURSELF ON THE TEAM
As a Level Designer at SuperJoy Studios you will be a creative visionary - skillfully weaving unique environments, nascent mechanics, and game design principles into rich and vibrant gaming experiences for thousands of SuperJoy players! Facilitating the creative contributions of our cross functional teams, you will engage your creative mindset to generate innovative level concepts that ensure balanced and rewarding gameplay, push boundaries and excite players in Fortnite Creative’s ever evolving space!
Your stellar application of Unreal Engine, Unreal Editor For Fortnite (UEFN), knowledge of game flow and design principles, and exceptional interpersonal skills will ensure you find unbound success at SuperJoy Studios! Join us in shaping the future of Fortnite's gameplay by crafting memorable and imaginative levels that captivate thousands of players worldwide!
Who you Are
- You have a vested interest in the experiences and games you have a hand in bringing to life!
- You're always searching for opportunities to improve immersion - game physics, interactive objects, and world building challenges are just a few tools in your belt!
- You are an expert communicator! Communicating complex level mechanics and design choices are no sweat given your exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
- Actually utilizing feedback is your special sauce! Between extensively play testing yourself and utilizing players feedback you're able to create a superior end product!
- You live with a ‘player first’ mentality! Encouraging different play styles and creating challenges worthy of overcoming are just a few of your guiding pillars.
- You find yourself playing games with rich world building, lore, and character development. No doubt what you voted for in last year's Game Awards.
- Design and create innovative and visually stunning game levels within Fortnite Creative by utilizing UEFN, your expertise in level layout, interactive storytelling, and gameplay flow.
- Act as a visionary and master collaborator - working cross-functionally with Artists, Developers and more to harmonize their inputs in bringing your level designs to life and integrate captivating visuals, engaging narratives, and thrilling challenges.
- Focus on creating a positive user experience by designing levels that are intuitive to navigate, visually appealing, and offer players a sense of accomplishment.
- Direct pacing and flow - ensure progression of difficulty feels natural and fair. Understand our target audience to adjust complexity and keep players motivated to overcome challenges always.
- Extensively playtest and iterate on level designs, incorporating player feedback and refining gameplay elements to achieve optimal fun, challenge, and balance.
- Work autonomously to manage your workflows, priorities, and timelines through use of Asana and Google Suite.
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends and emerging technologies to ensure games remain innovative and engaging in the ever changing Unreal Engine 5 and Fortnite Creative spaces.
Your Past Accomplishments
- Strong Bonus: Bachelor's degree in Game Design, Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of experience in video game design roles, with a focus on creative or custom game modes. Experience in level design, environment, world building, story telling.
- Strong bonus: Experience with UGC platforms such as Fortnite Creative, Roblox, Minecraft, or alike.
- Exceptional communication and collaboration skills and experience facilitating within a cross-functional specialist. Proven experience working with cross-functional teams.
- Wizard like understanding of Unreal Engine, UEFN and Fortnite Creative mode tools.
- Blue Shell bonus: Experience with UEFN, building Fortnite Creative Maps or Gaming Experience. Or casually playing Fortnite and its Creative Modes.
- Proven ability to rapidly build and prototype and test ideas in UE and UEFN and an ability to problem solve technical issues and debug.
- Proficient in both written and verbal English.
- While this position can be remote, you will be expected to maintain a set schedule that allows for easy collaboration with the team. Expect to have a majority of your working hours set between 9 to 5pm CST.
- This role is a full-time contract position. Expect 40-hours per week with additional availability outside of normal working hours for product launches and updates.
- The questions below are in place of a cover letter, please answer them with care.