OnFrontiers is tackling a problem shared by every institution, company, and team: knowledge is trapped; organizations can’t unlock it fast enough or capture and learn from it to improve over time. As a consequence, their growth and impact fall far short of potential. OnFrontiers exists to solve that problem. We make organizations smarter, on-demand.
We believe tomorrow’s most innovative organizations won't be composed of static org charts with rigid boundaries; they will be more amorphous, supported by a cloud of at-the-ready specialists, on-demand advisors, and a proprietary stable of experts. These organizations will use OnFrontiers tools and the power of networks to access, harness, and distribute expertise within and outside their organization. We’re building an entirely new technology category - a platform and set of applications that fundamentally change how organizations tap into their most valuable resource: knowledge.
Our team is motivated by the drive to fundamentally rethink how organizations operate. This isn’t an academic exercise - we convert our concepts into user-friendly, enterprise-grade tools, and ship those tools to market as quickly as possible. On the back of strong growth in 2020, and with COVID-19 significantly accelerating our trajectory, OnFrontiers is hiring across every function. In the coming months, we’ll be making significant enhancements and major expansions in functionality to our flagship product, and build an entirely new product suite, while dramatically expanding our customer base and expert community.
OnFrontiers is looking for an energetic Senior Back-End Developer to add to our team of fully distributed and remote engineers. We’re working with cutting edge technology that enables organizations around the world to manage and grow their knowledge networks and gain expertise which powers their business. Our initial stack is a GraphQL API, written in Golang and a frontend application written in React and served by a slim Node.JS wrapper. We are considering scaling in Node.js/Typescript, so candidates with command of one of these languages should apply. Our ideal candidate is someone who loves learning cutting edge technology, is excited by writing testable and highly scalable code and wants to power solutions that help establish our platform as the global standard for enterprise knowledge.
In this remote role, we’re looking for someone who has:
- 4-8 years of Golang or Node.js/Typescript experience
- 2+ years of React, Vue or similar frontend framework experience ideal
- 2-3 years of MySQL, Postgres or comparable RDBMS experience
- Must be passionate about writing tests for code and have experience writing testable code
- Comfort working in remote, distributed teams
- ElasticSearch expertise
- GraphQL experience
- ActiveMQ familiarity
- Docker and Terraform experience
- Experience working within Jira and Confluence
There is more to working at OnFrontiers than your day-to-day responsibilities.
- Our culture is inquisitive. We’re open-minded, listen to one another, outside experts and real-world customer feedback to further our mission.
- We are a remote company. We trust our team members to define and tackle their chosen tasks and expect them to openly communicate the challenges they’re facing.
- We invest in our team by offering competitive base salaries and equity, medical, dental and vision benefits, and generous time off for eligible employees.
- We’re committed to your personal development. We fund mentorship from experts on the OnFrontiers platform and reimburse other job-related training expenses.
- We’re a team and if you’re hired, we have your back! We pride ourselves in doing our jobs well, caring about one another, caring about our customers and experts, and acting with integrity.
Do you believe organizations need to get smarter, faster?
Are you excited by the challenge of making OnFrontiers the global standard for enterprise knowledge?
Are you looking for a company where you will be challenged, respected, and valued?
If so, apply now to join our growing team!