OnFrontiers is tackling a problem shared by every institution, company, and team: knowledge is trapped; organizations can’t unlock it fast enough or capture and learn from it to improve over time. As a consequence, their growth and impact fall far short of potential. OnFrontiers exists to solve that problem. We make organizations smarter, on-demand.
We believe tomorrow’s most innovative organizations won't be composed of static org charts with rigid boundaries; they will be more amorphous, supported by a cloud of at-the-ready specialists, on-demand advisors, and a proprietary stable of experts. These organizations will use OnFrontiers tools and the power of networks to access, harness, and distribute expertise within and outside their organization. We’re building an entirely new technology category - a platform and set of applications that fundamentally change how organizations tap into their most valuable resource: knowledge.
Our team is motivated by the drive to fundamentally rethink how organizations operate. This isn’t an academic exercise - we convert our concepts into user-friendly, enterprise-grade tools, and ship those tools to market as quickly as possible. On the back of strong growth in 2020, and with COVID-19 significantly accelerating our trajectory, OnFrontiers is hiring across every function. In the coming months, we’ll be making significant enhancements and major expansions in functionality to our flagship product, and build an entirely new product suite, while dramatically expanding our customer base and expert community.
In our next phase of growth we will be making significant developments to our core product and in parallel launching a new product. To support this we are looking for a talented UI/UX Designer to add to our fully distributed team. We offer rich web interfaces to a wide range of personas, all collaborating in our platform to connect individuals with those seeking their knowledge. Our ideal UX designer must be able to empathize with each persona and develop an appropriate flow for them to reach their goals while establishing our platform as the global standard for enterprise knowledge.
As a UI/UX Designer, you’ll…
- Gather information about the next features. Friendly chats with the Head of Product and the CEO are usually the means for that, but this also includes joining them on meetings with our partners and the interaction with other members of the team.
- Review the current state of the application and suggest changes. We believe in continuous improvement, and that no job is ever finished when it comes to user experience and design. There is always room to make our solution better, and we encourage it.
- Help defend simplicity. The next big idea always looks great, but it must fit nicely among everything we’ve built thus far.
- Answer to questions from engineering and QAs. We try to anticipate as many edge cases as we can, as long as it doesn’t feel like over-engineering, and oftentimes we discover new things to address while implementing or testing. We foster a close collaboration between product, engineering and quality assurance, so that the end product fells great to use.
- Create storyboards. To better communicate with every member in our team what is coming next, and also to research and identify pitfalls we may get our users into.
- Create beautiful UI designs. To keep our platform pleasing to our users and ourselves.
- Maintain and standardize our component palette. So that our platform feels like one thing.
- Sketch concept designs, to help drive interest and communicate the purpose of ideas we are eager to pursue.
- Building clickable wireframes prototypes
- Proficient in using the following softwares: Adobe Photoshop/Indesign, CorelDraw Graphics Suite, Figma, Sketch and InVision
We’re looking for people who have:
- Comfort working in remote, distributed teams
- Interest in Lean Software Development, feature specification and analysis
- Leadership experience
- Experience in B2B software
- General knowledge of HTML and CSS
In case you were wondering…
We are open to completely remote hires, although we have a slight preference for candidates in the NYC area who have the option of working with some of our core team on occasion in our beautiful space in Flatiron with distanced seating and fully-vaccinated team.
There is more to working at OnFrontiers than your day-to-day responsibilities.
- Our culture is inquisitive. We’re open-minded, listen to one another, outside experts and real-world customer feedback to further our mission.
- We are a remote company. We trust our team members to define and tackle their chosen tasks and expect them to openly communicate the challenges they’re facing.
- We invest in our team by offering competitive base salaries and equity, medical, dental and vision benefits, and generous time off for eligible employees.
- We’re committed to your personal development. We fund mentorship from experts on the OnFrontiers platform and reimburse other job-related training expenses.
- We’re a team and if you’re hired, we have your back! We pride ourselves in doing our jobs well, caring about one another, caring about our customers and experts, and acting with integrity.
Do you believe organizations need to get smarter, faster?
Are you excited by the challenge of making OnFrontiers the global standard for enterprise knowledge?
Are you looking for a company where you will be challenged, respected, and valued?
If so, apply now to join our growing team!