About 1/0 Capital:
At the nexus of consumer credit & technology – we don’t just invest in companies; we build them!
Over ten years since the credit crisis, and 25 years since the launch of the consumer internet, money still suffers from friction and information asymmetry. We’re here to change that! We have fun, love what we do, and care deeply about building a future in which technology and finance converge to benefit both consumers and investors. We tackle challenges that other companies think are too difficult from either a capital or regulatory perspective and utilize technology and a core focus on customer delight to engineer a 1/0 outcome.
Our mission is to build a future of equal opportunity and bring consumer credit to people with the innovative companies in our portfolio. Companies we have incubated include:
- Better: Leading online mortgage originator
- Notable Finance: Next-generation partner for platform businesses
- Climb Credit: Largest finance company focused on career re-training and degree 2.0 vertical
- TheNumber: Pre-eminent income and home value estimation company
- Future Finance: Europe’s #1 student finance company
- Phoenix Advisors: Consumer finance asset manager advising over $4.5 Bln
About the Opportunity:
As an Associate Attorney, you will be a crucial member of our team. You will support the General Counsel, Deputy General Counsel, Head of Litigation and other members of the team. You will lead your own projects and have a seat at the table for critical initiatives. You will advise our portfolio companies on regulatory, securities, risk and litigation issues, and use your legal experience, business-oriented approach, and high EQ to help them deliver an unparalleled customer experience.
Responsibilities will include:
- Support the General Counsel and business leaders from portfolio companies on various matters concerning litigations.
- Conduct research on legal matters impacting the companies, including state and federal statutes and regulations, and support the compliance department’s efforts to implement policies based on that research.
- Assist senior attorneys in handling an active litigation docket, including representing the companies on some cases, and working with outside counsel on others.
- Assist with regulatory examinations and compliance.
- Review contracts including leases, advertising and marketing agreements, software agreements, non-disclosure agreements and vendor agreements.
- Help evaluate policy recommendations, general corporate issues, real estate transactions and other activities of the companies. Other duties as assigned.
- 2-3 years proven ability working as a lawyer in a law firm, corporation or government agency collaborating with senior leaders and clients.
- Demonstrated litigation experience, including legal research and strong legal writing. You are the team member people rely on to write the key sections of the brief, to research sophisticated legal issues, and to present to leadership.
- Securities experience will be helpful.
- High EQ and unafraid to ask for help.
- Self-starter who is eager to learn and can quickly get up to speed on any topic.
- High attention to detail and extraordinarily organized.
- Thrilled to join a small team at a growing company.
Things we value:
- Act like an owner
- Respect and Care
- Collaboration and Flexibility
- Honesty and Transparency
- Missions drive our results to make an impact
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation
- A close-knit team
- Phenomenal benefits including fully funded health, dental, and vision plans; plus a 401K and company funded life insurance