OneWeb Satellites is pioneering new value propositions in space through the design and large-scale manufacturing of low-cost, ultra-high performing satellites at high-volumes. Our factory and supply chain are tuned to produce up to 15 satellites per week. These spacecrafts are modular and designed for multiple mission configurations. OneWeb Satellites’ ability to iterate on satellite design and launch new satellites in quantity faster than ever before secures our competitive advantage in spacecraft production.
A career at OneWeb satellites is for those who want to do something extraordinary, yet with a meaningful purpose. What we do here is hard, but our successes will be even more rewarding.
Are you looking for a company with an agile culture, quick decision making, fast pace and engaged colleagues? Here you are, this is your opportunity 😊
As an experienced Satellite Systems Engineer you will be developing and codifying both new and existing physical, logical and transactional space vehicle interfaces to meet generic mission requirements for new programs and/or internal developments.
YOUR DAY TO DAY
- Development of system level requirements and requirement flow-down to the various disciplines, subsystems, and components - in all phases of the systems development lifecycle with particular emphasis on Design to Cost/Design for Manufacturability approaches;
- Drive multiple design activities (programs or mission) – could lead to spacecraft, payload, satellite bus, and/or launch integration activities;
- Participate in cross-functional planning, coordination, and task execution situations involving the full spectrum of system engineering and integration activities;
- Support development product roadmap w.r.t. platforms and payloads; includes design adjustments, schedule, and cost targets aligned to favorably position OneWeb Satellite products for future business captures.
- You will work closely with our international Program, Engineering, Quality, Design to Manufacturing (D2M), Finance, Supply Chain teams. The team you will work for reports to the CTO of the company.
- Position will be located in Toulouse, France and requires up to 25% of international travel, depending on the program phase.
- BA or BS degree in STEM (science, technical, engineering, math) or related discipline; MS preferred
- 10+ years relevant experience in space systems engineering - Satellite and/or Ground Systems (structures, avionics, propulsion, power, thermal, assembly/integration/test, sensors, flight software, Telemetry, Tracking & Control, user terminals, flight planning and mission management);
- Proven track-record of working with spaceborne systems, starting from conceptual designs and tradeoffs thru detailed design, development, manufacture, integration, and test;
- Manufacturing experience highly desirable;
- Familiarity with elements of space mission architectures extending beyond the satellite platform – including launch, flight operations, mission CONOPS, user interfaces, etc.
- Good working knowledge of MS Office applications;
- Communicate in a clear and concise manner effectively across multiple levels;
- Be team-minded and ready to work in a multi-functional and multi-cultural, fast-moving and complex/technical environment;
- Excellent communication skills, a flexible attitude, and strong initiative;
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results;
- Effective interpersonal skills and strong briefing and writing skills,
- English fluent
LIFE AT ONEWEB SATELLITES
You’ll be working with bright and driven colleagues from different industries, countries and backgrounds who are all united in one common goal, challenging and supporting each other to make OneWeb Satellites successful.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
OneWeb Satellites provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, OneWeb Satellites will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.