OneWeb Satellites is pioneering new value propositions in space through the design and large-scale manufacturing of low-cost, ultra-high performing satellites at high-volumes. Our factory and supply chain are tuned to produce up to 15 satellites per week. These spacecrafts are modular and designed for multiple mission configurations. OneWeb Satellites’ ability to iterate on satellite design and launch new satellites in quantity faster than ever before secures our competitive advantage in spacecraft production.
A career at OneWeb satellites is for those who want to do something extraordinary, yet with a meaningful purpose. What we do here is hard, but our successes will be even more rewarding.
Are you looking for a company with an agile culture, quick decision making, fast pace and engaged colleagues? Here you are, this is your opportunity 😊
As a Data Handling System Architect you are directly supporting the Functional Avionics team on all the below described activities.
YOUR DAY TO DAY
- In the frame of OW project:
- Assess complete and correct execution of DHS Test plan on Flat Sat
- Analyze tests results and provide test report synthesis in the frame of satellite Qualification review
- Investigate and propose actions plan (mitigation, work-around, Operational Procedure, correction) for Ground and In Orbit anomalies
- Support any satellite design change by defining component change smooth introduction in industrial production flow
- In the frame on new project:
- Prepare DHS product evolution for different type of mission
- Assess impact of any new project on DHS architecture
- Define best solution on avionics component change taking into account development lead-time, non-recurring cost and recurring cost.
- Provide documentation in the frame of a new project development (design specification, performance allocation between avionics component, DHS tests plan, budget synthesis on serial bus, on data storage, on satellite availability, DHS training kit)
- Reporting to the Functional Avionics lead
- Position will be located in Toulouse, France and requires 10% international travel.
- Master degree in Digital Electronics (Processor, Serial bus such as CAN, Spacewire)
- 5-10 years’ experience in Digital Electronics :
- Knowledge of space radiation environment problematic on Digital Electronics
- Demonstrated skills in :
- sub-system architecture (capacity to translate needs into specification, capacity to decline sub-system specification into component specification)
- sub-system test activities
- capability to perform root cause analysis
- Good knowledge of:
- Processor/Memory (RAM, Flash) technology
- Serial Bus (CAN , Spacewire)
- Anomaly management methodology
- Embedded Software development
- An experience in mass production will be appreciated
- Capacity to interact with different Engineering specialist
- Negotiation level in English.
LIFE AT ONEWEB SATELLITES
You’ll be working with bright and driven colleagues from different industries, countries and backgrounds who are all united in one common goal, challenging and supporting each other to make OneWeb Satellites successful.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
OneWeb Satellites provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, OneWeb Satellites will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.