OneWeb Satellites is pioneering new value propositions in space through the design and large-scale manufacturing of low-cost, ultra-high performing satellites at high-volumes. Our factory and supply chain are tuned to produce up to 15 satellites per week. These spacecrafts are modular and designed for multiple mission configurations. OneWeb Satellites’ ability to iterate on satellite design and launch new satellites in quantity faster than ever before secures our competitive advantage in spacecraft production.
A career at OneWeb satellites is for those who want to do something extraordinary, yet with a meaningful purpose. What we do here is hard, but our successes will be even more rewarding.
Are you looking for a company with an agile culture, quick decision making, fast pace and engaged colleagues? Here you are, this is your opportunity 😊
As a Senior Satellite Electrical and Power Architect you are directly supporting one or several complex satellite program development to drive and provide all electrical architecture / engineering supports / electrical & power units deliveries / satellite electrical tests and deliveries required, from proposal to in-flight testing. You own and control the total cost and schedule of your program activities perimeter and permanently adjust costs and schedule all along the project in accordance with your manager.
You are also mentoring, together with the team leader, the less experienced electrical and power architects, or electrical products technical managers.
YOUR DAY TO DAY
As a senior member of the electrical team:
- Advising the less experienced engineers in all their daily program tasks, proving technical expertise, programmatic approach advice and providing or identifying the required training for the team members
- Support the team manager in the elaboration of electrical and power new businesses proposals or co-engineering phases with potential new customers
As a specific program electrical and power architect:
- Coordination with all program interfaces: system engineer, technical experts, procurement team, quality team, other architects of the project (thermal, mechanical, software, data handling, RF communication, ADCS, operations), AIT team, as well as discussions with the customer or launcher authorities
- Understanding of Customer, mission and satellite system needs, consolidation of the overall electrical and power architecture, supporting technical trade-offs and electrical power HW configuration.
- Own the electrical and power units sizing or suitability analysis for a given mission: battery, solar array, power conditioning/distribution units, and manage the overall DC harness approach with the technical manager.
- Participate and coordinate for your program all analysis performed for Electrical, Power and Energy, DC harness detailed design and EMC topics.
- Control of all the electrical budgets on the satellite: power, energy, allocations to demonstrate the suitability of the electrical and power architecture to the need
- Support all program new units development/deliveries, assisting the units technical managers for electrical and power topics
Specification / co-engineering / consultation / evaluation
Technical development follow-up until unit qualification
- Support all program reviews required, at unit, mission or satellite level for development steps, tests or deliveries, for internal electrical documentation production or another party data-pack review.
- Support electrical / power anomalies resolution at supplier level, during internal assembly and test activities or for flight anomalies.
- Definition and coordination of the satellite electrical, power, EMC validation strategy
Overall test plan control/preparation: Flatsat derisk, qualification tests
Results analysis and reports preparation
Technical interface for AIT activities (Assembly, Integration & Test) & LEOP (Launch & Early Orbit Phase)
- Reporting to the Avionics Units and Electrical Engineering Team Manager
- Position will be located in Toulouse and requires about 10% of international travel.
- Master’s degree in Electrical engineering
- Ability to work in autonomy
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively in fast moving and multi-disciplinary team environment, accomplishing tasks with limited resources at a rapid pace
- Good team player, good communicator
- >10 years’ experience in Power and Electrical engineering in Space industry
Including experience on electronics units development as technical supplier follow-up lead
- >5 years’ experience as a satellite Power and Electrical subsystem architect covering a complete development from early definition to test in flight
- Demonstrated skills in:
- Engineering / architecture activities coordination with cost, planning, technical excellence adherence control on all electrical topics including EMC and harness
- Sub-system architecture: capacity to translate needs into specification, capacity to decline sub-system specification into component specification
- Used to customer and supplier relationships/management
- Anomaly management methodology
- Good experience in two or more of the following is required :
- Electrical interfaces (analog, digital link) specification and compatibility analysis
- Electromagnetic compatibility detailed studies
- Design level knowledge in DC/DC converters, power switching / power protection electronics
A power DC/DC CV electronics design experience would be a plus
- Electrical interface knowledge of state-of-the-art ETHERNET digital buses: ETHERNET links IEEE802.3 and SerDes interfaces
- Fluent in French
- Advanced Level (Negotiation level) in English.
LIFE AT ONEWEB SATELLITES
You’ll be working with bright and driven colleagues from different industries, countries and backgrounds who are all united in one common goal, challenging and supporting each other to make OneWeb Satellites successful.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
OneWeb Satellites provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, OneWeb Satellites will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.