Avionics Functional Validation Engineer
OneWeb Satellites is pioneering new value propositions in space through the design and large-scale manufacturing of low-cost, ultra-high performing satellites at high-volumes. Our factory and supply chain are tuned to produce up to 15 satellites per week. These spacecrafts are modular and designed for multiple mission configurations. OneWeb Satellites’ ability to iterate on satellite design and launch new satellites in quantity faster than ever before secures our competitive advantage in spacecraft production.
A career at OneWeb satellites is for those who want to do something extraordinary, yet with a meaningful purpose. What we do here is hard, but our successes will be even more rewarding.
Are you looking for a company with an agile culture, quick decision making, fast pace and engaged colleagues? Here you are, this is your opportunity 😊
As a Functional Validation Engineer you are directly supporting the Validation team. This team is in charge of validating all avionics subsystem functionalities and performances, and interfaces with the other systems. More specifically, this means writing low level test requirements, writing/checking test procedures and test scripts, running the procedure on the appropriate Test Mean, analysing test results, delivering test reports, investigating anomalies, testing and delivering new Test Means (for internal use or for external customers), integrating HW equipment on HW based simulators. The candidate will need to understand the entire avionics test set up and test interfaces, and to help maintaining and improving them: numerical based simulators, hybrid HW based simulators, test script coding in TCL, checkout control system, checkout equipment, database.
YOUR DAY TO DAY
- Establishing the necessary and sufficient configuration to perform the functional validation task
- Validating the functional chains through end-to-end open-loop tests
- Validating the nominal and reconfiguration functions of the sub-assembly through closed-loop tests
- Preparing the validation activity against a test specification working within the specified process and using templates and validation tools
- Developing and debugging the test scripts in the dedicated language (TCL) in the test environment
- Executing test procedures and test scripts on the various test means
- Investigating anomalies and producing first level diagnoses and probable root cause (HW, environment model, flight software, test mean, database, procedure, test specification)
- Ensuring proper traceability at all levels of the validation activity (preparation, execution, investigation)
- Liaising with the various architects and domain specialists at all levels of the validation activity
- Liaising with the test environment and checkout system and equipment responsible for test means maintenance and improvement
- This role will involve working occasionally in shifted team and weekends.
- Position will be located in Toulouse, France.
- Engineering degree or equivalent
- Experience in systems/sub-systems/equipment validation and tests ideally within the space industry
- Knowledge of all or part of:
- testing open/closed-loop systems
- HW/SW test environments - test bench, test equipment, CCS
- development, debugging and execution of test scripts
- software programming and scripting languages - TCL
- Unix / Linux - administration, script development, etc.,
- embedded systems and spacecraft systems - AOCS, DHS, EPS, TCS, PPS, FDIR, Payload
- Rigorous ability to independently analyse/understand complex problems
- Proactive approach
- Results-oriented and autonomous
- Good organization and presentation skills
- Team working
- Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary international team
- Advanced level of English and French
LIFE AT ONEWEB SATELLITES
You’ll be working with bright and driven colleagues from different industries, countries and backgrounds who are all united in one common goal, challenging and supporting each other to make OneWeb Satellites successful.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
OneWeb Satellites provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, OneWeb Satellites will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.