OneWeb Satellites is pioneering new value propositions in space through the design and large-scale manufacturing of low-cost, ultra-high performing satellites at high-volumes. Our factory and supply chain are tuned to produce up to 15 satellites per week. These spacecrafts are modular and designed for multiple mission configurations. OneWeb Satellites’ ability to iterate on satellite design and launch new satellites in quantity faster than ever before secures our competitive advantage in spacecraft production.
A career at OneWeb satellites is for those who want to do something extraordinary, yet with a meaningful purpose. What we do here is hard, but our successes will be even more rewarding.
Are you looking for a company with an agile culture, quick decision making, fast pace and engaged colleagues? Here you are, this is your opportunity 😊
- As a RF Test Engineer, you will be supporting production with RF nominal testing and troubleshooting of anomalies.
- Support improvement of RF test stations and maintenance.
- Support hospital activities of payload components.
- Work with the design engineers and suppliers to solve anomalies.
- You will liaise with the Design to manufacturing team in Toulouse, France.
- Support with payload daily results validation and disposition/closure of NCs.
YOUR DAY TO DAY
- Support manufacturing, test and troubleshooting activities related to RF payload component.
- Develop comprehensive familiarity and expertise with Payload test processes, satellite configurations and manufacturing test specifications (i.e. non-conformances, rework procedures, etc.)
- Develop comprehensive knowledge of RF test systems, resultant test results/data during manufacturing processes and appropriate root cause reaction to associated anomalies.
- Coordinate with Quality, Configuration Management and Design Engineering for implementation of process changes.
- Apply advanced engineering principles and solve difficult technical/quality problems or issues with raw materials, manufacturing processes and/or quality of product lines.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering (RF/Electrical/Communications) or related discipline.
- Minimum of 10+ years’ experience in manufacturing test environment (automated RF test systems a plus).
- Experience in satellite payload testing and knowledge of test software is a plus.
- Working knowledge of quality management systems and/or with SAP is a plus.
- Strong organizational, analytical, root cause analysis and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge and hands-on experience with production systems, SPC and troubleshooting techniques.
- Proficient in communicating across various organizational levels, cultures, and industry traditions.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Project).
- Clearly demonstrate flexibility and self-discipline to plan/accomplish objectives while multi-tasking and prioritizing.
WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL DEMAND
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit or stand and use hands to finger, handle, or touch objects, tools or controls. The employee frequently is required to talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand for an extended period of time; walk; reach above shoulders; and stoop, kneel, bend, twist or crouch.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities require by this job include close vision.
- Personal Protective Equipment will be required including safety shoes and glasses. Other protective equipment may also be necessary based on the specific task.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- The work environment can be busy, noisy, and conditions may vary. Also, contains some mechanical and chemical hazards.
LIFE AT ONEWEB SATELLITES
You’ll be working with bright and driven colleagues from different industries, countries and backgrounds who are all united in one common goal, challenging and supporting each other to make OneWeb Satellites successful.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
OneWeb Satellites provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, OneWeb Satellites will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.