Hi, we’re oneUp. Making big companies and our planet future-proof is what we genuinely strive for. We intend to create new business models with positive social and environmental impact alongside financial return. We are proud to have had the opportunity to help many big companies with this.
Our mission is to enable a better everyday life for people and planet. We believe that by helping big companies of today to become big companies of the future, we will deliver positive change to customers and the planet. We want to make a change and are independent in our advice on methodologies and technologies. We are sharp and creative & strive for high quality and transparency in what we do.
oneUp Business Designers are part business strategist and part design thinker. Business Designers use an analytical and creative approach to develop innovation strategies and venture concepts for some of the world’s most progressive companies across fashion, food and financial services.
The work you will be doing
A Business Designer’s work is varied, and can range from undertaking discovery projects to research and concept new ventures, running workshops on innovation management topics like governance and team structure, developing the business model and investment case for a new venture, working with corporate leaders to translate their business goals into an innovation vision and portfolio strategy, participating in ideation hackathons to come up with disruptive new concepts.
We do a lot of different work at oneUp, so it’s safe to say no two days are the same!
What sort of backgrounds we are looking for
Our Business Designers come from diverse backgrounds including; strategist in top tier digital and design agencies, business designer in an innovation consultancy, a strategic role in an innovation lab, a startup founder with a corporate strategy background.
What sets Business Designers apart is that they are comfortable with ambiguity and complexity; capable of taking a high level question from a CEO and delivering a concrete, well considered solution.
You will have the following capabilities:
- Passionate about innovation and new business models
- Are an inspirational and highly motivated self starter
- Experience working with the human centred design process and related tools
- Skilled in qualitative and quantitative research methods
- Possess a strong creative brain capable of generating ‘new to the world’ concepts
- Comfortable with
- building (and defending) business cases
- Expertise in digital transformation, financial modeling, organisational design (or all 3!)
- Knowledgeable in innovation management topics including governance, process, measurement, portfolio management, innovation accounting, spin-in/spin-off
- Extra skills in one of the following areas:
- Brand and marketing strategy,
- Emerging technology,
- Business operations,
- Data and analytics.
- Can build strong relationships with c-suite leaders
- Bring a sense of fun and positivity to your work
Why we need each other
oneUp is growing rapidly. As our Business Designer, you will hold a key position within our company. You want to exceed and take your experience to the next level. You feel comfortable being a corporate entrepreneur and guide our clients through the landscape of innovation with your expertise. You can manage the diverse responsibilities and take pride and joy in delivering results. Personal development and contributing to a growing scale-up are equally important to you.
Really importantly, do you know how to wow?
PERKS & BENEFITS
A SELECTION OF WHAT WE HAVE TO OFFER
- Flexibility; work remotely or at our office
- Personal development budget
- Operating from one of the biggest start-up eco systems: B3 in Amsterdam
- Macbook & Iphone and all other perks a techie could dream of
- Amazing (Masterchef) lunches and events (oneUp weekends, trips, parties)
- Working for and with renowned corporates; Unilever, JDE, PVH and many more
Does this sound like you?
oneUp offers you a competitive compensation package based on your experience. You can expect an inspirational environment, awesome colleagues, a new iPhone, Macbook, study budget and travel reimbursement.
Come and meet us!