Strength in Trust
At OneTrust, we help businesses around the world to make trust a competitive advantage. Our category-defining enterprise platform enables organizations to operationalize trust across privacy, security, data governance, GRC, third-party risk, ethics, and compliance, and ESG.
- As a principal engineer, your job is to solve larger problems and translate somewhat vague problems into a set of actionable items.
- You will need to understand the problem, the business impact and see how it can be improved. It might require you to design new services, change existing services
- Master development best practices. Understand the limits of our tools and when a problem that exceeds those limits deserves the effort of producing a new tool.
- Understand the scope and relationships of large features and production stack for your area. Be a subject matter expertise on multiple components.
- Have a strong understanding of all modules/services relevant to your own areas of expertise.
- Perform expert programming tasks. Handle large-scale technical debt and refactoring. Shape coding methodologies and best practices.
- Participate in code reviews and sign-off on large features. Sign off on test plans.
- Given a large, poorly understood problem, explore the solution space (possibly with numerous POCs) to determine correct course of action. Participate in and support initiatives outside of main area of responsibility. Provides technical leadership for projects including 1–2 individuals.
- Design, code, and debug software.
- Improve the performance of existing software.
- Provide training to other engineers.
- Maintain and upgrade existing software.
- Recommend new technologies that can help increase productivity.
- Supervise and oversee the technical aspects of projects.
- Investigate software-related complaints and make necessary adjustments to ensure optimal software performance.
- Regularly attend team meetings to discuss projects, brainstorm ideas, and put forward solutions to any issues.
- Highly technical and/or technologically minded.
- Able to see and explain the big picture.
- An effective communicator able to mentor others.
- Proactive, flexible, result-driven, with a “can do” attitude.
For California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New York, Rhode Island, and Washington-based candidates: the annual base pay range for this role is listed below. Within this range, individual pay is determined by several factors, including location, job-related skills, work experience, and relevant education and/or training. This role may also be eligible for discretionary bonuses, equity, and/or commissions, as well as benefits.
As an employee at OneTrust, you will be part of the OneTeam. That means you’ll receive support physically, mentally, and emotionally so that you can do your best work both in and out of the office. This includes comprehensive healthcare coverage, remote or hybrid workplace flexibility, flexible PTO, equity stock options, annual performance bonus opportunities, retirement account support, 14+ weeks of paid parental leave, career development opportunities, company-paid privacy certification exam fees, and much more. Specific benefits differ by country. For more information, talk to your recruiter or visit onetrust.com/careers.
Check out the following to learn more about OneTrust and its people:
You have the right to have your personal data updated or removed. You also have the right to have a copy of the information OneTrust holds about you. Further details about these rights are available on the website in our Privacy Overview. You can change your mind at any time and have your personal data removed from our database. In order to do this you must contact us and let us know you wish to be removed. The request should be made on the Data Subject Request Form.
Our Commitment to You
When you join OneTrust you are stepping onto a launching pad — the countdown has begun. The destination? A career without boundaries working alongside a diverse and inclusive crew who is passionate about doing meaningful work. As a pioneer, your voice and expertise will help chart the direction of an entirely new industry — Trust. Our commitment to putting people first starts with you. Your growth is part of the mission. Our goal is to give you the power to embark on the next phase of your uniquely, unique career
OneTrust provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by local laws.