Strength in Trust
Our goal at OneTrust is to bring the power of trust to companies all over the world. Using cutting-edge technology and a real-world approach to ethics, compliance, privacy, security, and third-party risk, we’ve created a no-nonsense platform to help supercharge the global push for trust.
The Senior Director, Content Marketing will oversee marketing content initiatives across multiple platforms and formats to drive customer engagement, web traffic, brand awareness, customer retention, and positive customer behavior. This individual is an expert in all things related to content and channel optimization, brand consistency, segmentation and localization, analytics, and meaningful measurement. The position collaborates with other organizations to help define best-in-class content that cuts through the noise and helps our customers. This person will lead a content organization responsible for creating shareable content, collaborating with various marketing teams to distribute content through appropriate marketing channels, and measuring results that drive continuous improvement.
There will be three critical areas managed: thought leadership content, campaign content, and community/customer reference content. The Director, Content Marketing will work closely with the leader of the brand organization for determining the plan for thought leadership content, will work closely with the leader of the campaign development organization to prioritize critical campaign assets to drive customer engagement, and will work closely with the leaders of the sales and customer success teams to ensure community content and customer references are developed. The Director will build and lead a high-performing team and invest in the career development of those on the team.
- Oversee content strategy across marketing – including blogs, whitepapers, infographics, videos, and speaking presentations, for both thought leadership and product-specific content that serves a variety of audiences
- Build and develop the content strategy, working alongside internal stakeholders to develop themes and topics that drive thought-leadership, customer acquisition, and ongoing customer success
- Develop a content services “agency” within OneTrust that collaborates with internal and external stakeholders to develop stories across our brand, product, and customer success teams.
- Create content that stands out through creative strategies that blend effectiveness with easily digestible insights that drive people to act, react, and share
- Use data to drive insights, set goals, test strategies, measure success, and continually refine our content mix and strategy toward better outcomes
- Develop and implement a multi-channel editorial calendar across several content websites including blogs and thought leadership pages based on audience insights, keyword research, messaging themes, and campaign plans
- Serve as editor-in-chief, and ensure content follows brand guidelines and is consistent in terms of style, quality, and tone of voice, and optimized for search and user experience for all channels
- Deliver content people want to read through a deep customer-centric approach that targets each of our segments and buyer personas while optimizing for SEO
- Optimize towards objective by leveraging data, reporting, and analytical insights to set goals, test, measure success, and continually refine our content mix and strategy toward better outcomes
- Build and develop a team of managers, team leads, and individual contributors, as well as a network of freelance writers, to create a scalable content production process that balances quality and creativity with speed to market.
- Drive creative thinking by blending effectiveness and creativity in order to create best-in-class content that incites engagement and grows our audiences. Act as a creative champion for new, interesting content ideas.
- Ensure all content is consistent in terms of style, quality, and tone of voice, and optimized for search and user experience for all channels of content including online, social media, email, mobile, video, and print.
- Exceptional writing and editing skills, impeccable attention to detail, and a love of grammar.
- The ability to define and execute global communications and editorial plans that map to brand, customer engagement, growth, retention, and account-based strategies
- Cross-functional leadership with proven experience in communicating content performance, SEO impact, audience growth, and engagement KPIs to a broad range of stakeholders
- Mapping content initiatives to company growth imperatives
Your Experience Includes
- A BA/BS in Marketing, Journalism, Public Relations or related communications field or equivalent experience
- 15+ years’ marketing experience with relevant content, campaign or integrated marketing experience
- 10+ years’ direct people management experience
- B2B, SaaS, enterprise technology, or agency experience
- Expert-level understanding of SEO principles and strategy
- Entrepreneurial thinking and the ability to act effectively with only high-level direction
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and juggle multiple priorities, programs, and people
- World-class writing and editing skills and a love for creating top-performing content
- An editorial mindset with an ability to predict audience preferences
- AP and Chicago style mastery and ability to work within OneTrust’s style guidelines
- Proven work experience leading and/or mentoring a team as a Content marketing director/senior manager
- A portfolio of samples included with your application
As an employee at OneTrust, you will be a part of the OneTeam. That means equity, bonuses, unlimited PTO, and 100% paid medical benefits (and that’s just the beginning!).
Our employee rewards philosophy spans mental, physical, and emotional well-being because we want our people to succeed both in and out of the office. Some benefits differ depending on region, but here’s what you can expect from our OneTeam Total Rewards Program:
- Competitive Compensation: We offer top pay for top talent with competitive total packages including equity for all, performance bonuses, and retirement savings with match. We’re also committed to fair and equitable pay practices.
- Workstyle Flexibility: At home or in the office, we trust you to get the job done. Our people have the option to work in the office, fully remote, or a hybrid based on their role. Explore a new country with our short- and long-term global mobility program, and go green with commuter program discounts, and in-office perks (free food, drinks, and happy hours, anybody?).
- Career Development: You’re not just joining any company; you’re joining the #1 fastest growing company on the 2020 Inc. 500 and the category-defining software platform for trust. You can become an expert and earn industry certifications with training and exams paid for by us and access to our learning & development program and guest speaker series.
- Employee Recognition: We celebrate our accomplishments the best way we know how – together. Our people are invited to attend employee appreciation social events (including our awesome annual holiday party), participate in ticket giveaways for local city events based on your home office location, and celebrate one another through our #CheersforPeers channel.
- Focus on Wellbeing: Take the vacation or volunteer - we have unlimited PTO globally. You’ll also have access to ClassPass memberships, generous company holidays and your birthday off, paid sick days, Employee Resource Groups (or, as we call them, Employee Trust Groups), and other ways to get connected or support company diversity, equity, and inclusion goals.
- Health Benefits: No package is complete without great health benefits. This role may receive company-paid employee healthcare premiums, parental leave, and access to mental health benefits and employee assistance programs. Specific benefits differ by location, so please check with your recruiter to specify what this role will receive.
Our Commitment to You
When you join OneTrust you are stepping onto a launching pad — the countdown has begun. The destination? A career without boundaries working alongside a diverse and inclusive crew who is passionate about doing meaningful work. As a pioneer, your voice and expertise will help chart the direction of an entirely new industry — Trust. Our commitment to putting people first starts with you. Your growth is part of the mission. Our goal is to give you the power to embark on the next phase of your uniquely, unique career
OneTrust provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.