Strength in Trust
Our goal at OneTrust is to bring the power of trust to companies all over the world. Using cutting-edge technology and a real-world approach to ethics, compliance, privacy, security, and third-party risk, we’ve created a no-nonsense platform to help supercharge the global push for trust.
OneTrust is expanding its Ethics & Compliance team and we are hiring an Ethics & Compliance Counsel. We are looking for an E&C generalist to help enhance and grow our internal program. We are looking for an enthusiastic, innovative, passionate, and dedicated ethics & compliance practitioner who plays within the rules but thinks outside the box.
- Code of Trust—Developing, periodically reviewing and providing updates to the Code of Trust; ensuring continued currency and relevance in providing guidance to management and employees alike to better enable them to manage the risk present as they perform their job functions,
- Policy Development, Implementation, & Management—Developing, initiating, maintaining, and revising policies and procedures for the general efficacy and operation of the ethics & compliance program and its related activities to prevent illegal, unethical or improper conduct, ·Investigations & Dispute Resolution—Responding to, evaluating and investigating allegations raised via the Helpline, including violations of rules, regulations, polices, procedures and Code of Trust,
- Risk Assessment—Identifying and mitigating potential areas of ethics & compliance vulnerability and risk; developing/implementing corrective action plans, and providing general guidance on how to avoid or deal with similar situations in the future,
- Helpline Management—Establishing and providing direction and management of the speak up/whistleblower helpline, ensuring proper reporting of concerns including those that may involve regulatory reporting obligations,
- Anti-Retaliation—Ensuring a robust and operationalized anti-retaliation program that systematically addresses retaliation and helps minimize its risk,
- Third Party Diligence—Enhancing the internal Third Party Due Diligence process and practices to properly mitigate 3rd party risk within the organization,
- Data & Analytics—Monitoring data and analytics and providing reports on a regular basis with the goal of keeping senior management informed of the operation and progress of compliance efforts—reporting to include, but not limited to, key performance indicators, key cases, and analytics,
- Business Partnerships/Program Operationalization—Providing daily advice and strategic direction for incorporating compliance processes into business operations, processes and procedures,
- Communication, Training, & Engagement—Instituting and maintaining an effective compliance marketing and communications program for the organization, including (1) promoting the use of the Compliance Helpline, (2) increasing and heightening awareness of the Code, and (3) enhancing the understanding of new and existing compliance risk, potential issues and related policies and procedures, with the main objective being working cross-functionally as appropriate to develop and effective compliance training program, including appropriate introductory training for new employees as well as ongoing for all employees and managers,
- Testing & Monitoring—Performing testing and monitoring on the performance of compliance controls and related activities on a continuing basis, taking appropriate steps to improve its effectiveness; also monitoring and, as necessary, coordinating compliance activities of other departments to remain abreast of the status of all compliance activities and to identify trends, and
- Thought Leadership & Industry Conferences—Being a thought leader and conversationalist in ethics & compliance, helping move the ethics movement forward.
Your Experience Includes
- Bachelor's Degree
- 5-7 years of experience
- Highest standards of ethics, professional integrity, and discretion
- Anti-corruption and bribery experience including counseling and defense
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, as well as demonstrated proficiency in working closely with and advising senior executives of an organization
- Hands-on project management experience, including the ability to manage a large number and variety of mission-critical projects, working collaboratively, working independently and often in ambiguous environments
- Proven ability to operationalize a compliance program within a dispersed workforce
- Creativity and the ability to think outside of the box in ways that better manages risk and excels the internal program · Ability to serve as an advisor and confidant to the workforce
- Team player and consensus builder with great people skills and a good sense of humor, who can effectively and efficiently collaborate to build relationships throughout the organization
- Sound and practical business judgment as well as common sense
- JD or international equivalent
- Experience conducting investigations
- Compliance experience with corporations, law firms, or government agencies
- Ability and willingness to travel and work extended hours when necessary
- Juris Doctor (or equivalent) and bar membership in good standing in at least one jurisdiction (not required)
Our Commitment to You
When you join OneTrust you are stepping onto a launching pad — the countdown has begun. The destination? A career without boundaries working alongside a diverse and inclusive crew who is passionate about doing meaningful work. As a pioneer, your voice and expertise will help chart the direction of an entirely new industry — Trust. Our commitment to putting people first starts with you. Your growth is part of the mission. Our goal is to give you the power to embark on the next phase of your uniquely, unique career
OneTrust provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.