Strength in Trust
Our goal at OneTrust is to bring the power of trust to companies all over the world. Using cutting-edge technology and a real-world approach to ethics, compliance, privacy, security, and third-party risk, we’ve created a no-nonsense platform to help supercharge the global push for trust.
This Principal Customer Engineer role is one of the key pieces of the OneTrust architecture. After the sales process, Implementation consultants are the key to implementing the solution, deploying our technology and driving adoption. The role specifically covers the Data Discovery product within OneTrust so requires employees to have a strong technical and consultative background and acumen for all things data. This role is extremely important as it’s the bridge between OneTrust and the customer and also internally, being able to identify gaps in the product which might help the business grow.
- Partner with clients to understand their data architecture and business objectives
- Utilize the OneTrust technology to discover and classify structured and un-structured data across a variety of systems both Cloud and on-premise
- Implement the solution working with a variety of different data sources and types in different hosting locations.
- Provide guidance in best practices for deployment and adoption
- Establish yourself as a trusted adviser to ensure customer’s overall satisfaction with our platform
- Consultancy skills; devising success criteria and a joint collaborative delivery approach with customers. Partner with Solutions Engineers and the Customer to write statements of works
- Ability to demo various scenarios and use-cases of the product as well as the ability to answer questions both verbal and written.
- Ability to prioritize issues and respond quickly to pressing customer needs
- Support clients throughout the whole implementation process, start to end, ensuring they receive an exceptional service
- You're the light to the company, your actions are how OneTrust will be perceived
- Have the ability to work closely with the product team to build out ideas and concepts that are highlighted during implementations
- Subject matter expert to specific modules and mentor to other junior colleagues, or supporting your team members who may be new to the OneTrust platform
- Tech savvy, interested in different frameworks
- Able to problem solve
- Driven by Customer Success
- Able to communicate with stakeholders and clearly and efficiently take information from the client and translate it to the relevant teams
- Excellent communication skills (Verbal, written and presentation)
- Detail-oriented with the ability to set priorities and be flexible in an ever-changing environment
- Previously worked on implementing a SaaS solution
Your Experience Includes
- BA/BSc in Computer Science, Engineering, Maths or related subject
- 8+ years of relevant experience across software development, professional services, solution engineering, technical consulting; with expertise in architecting, supporting and/or rolling out new technology and solution initiatives
- Proven ability to engage across functional teams (Professional Services, Support and Product Management)
- Proven end-to-end Implementation experience
- Experience in de-escalating tough situations to achieve a favorable outcome
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal), including the ability to chair meetings or host webinars
- Strategic thinking, problem-solving and decision-making capabilities
- Strong technical experience
- Expert in Industry best practices and standards
- Advanced knowledge of system integrations including connection types, authentication, and general transformation practices.
- Expert in containerization, orchestration and related infrastructures such as Docker, Kubernetes, OpenShift
- Knowledge/scripting skills - preferably Bash and Python, Ansible, Linux, firewall, ports
- Basic Knowledge of relational databases such as MySQL
- Debugging skills of the complex environment
- Understanding high-level concepts of distributed systems
- Exposure to data and the Big Data world
- Knowledge of public cloud infrastructure such as AWS, Azure and Google Cloud (AKS, EKS, GKE, Drivers, Storage, VPN, Subnets)
- Linux and Windows Administration skills
- Effective customer-facing communication and relationship building skills. Proven success in and genuine enthusiasm for working directly with customers
- Ability to build relationships across stakeholders in marketing, sales, and engineering
- CIPP/E or CIPM certified
- AWS/Azure Certifications
- Linux certifications
- Networking certifications
Videos to Learn More
- Tune in to a recent virtual panel we held with 4 employees from our Professional Services team to learn what it’s like to be in their shoes.
- Watch here to learn more about our hiring process, interview tips, and OneTrust culture from our Recruiters.
As an employee at OneTrust, you will be a part of the OneTeam. That means equity, bonuses, unlimited PTO, and 100% paid medical benefits (and that’s just the beginning!).
Our employee rewards philosophy spans mental, physical, and emotional well-being because we want our people to succeed both in and out of the office. Some benefits differ depending on region, but here’s what you can expect from our OneTeam Total Rewards Program:
- Competitive Compensation: We offer top pay for top talent with competitive total packages including equity for all, performance bonuses, and retirement savings with match. We’re also committed to fair and equitable pay practices.
- Workstyle Flexibility: At home or in the office, we trust you to get the job done. Our people have the option to work in the office, fully remote, or a hybrid based on their role. Explore a new country with our short- and long-term global mobility program, and go green with commuter program discounts, and in-office perks (free food, drinks, and happy hours, anybody?).
- Career Development: You’re not just joining any company; you’re joining the #1 fastest growing company on the 2020 Inc. 500 and the category-defining software platform for trust. You can become an expert and earn industry certifications with training and exams paid for by us and access to our learning & development program and guest speaker series.
- Employee Recognition: We celebrate our accomplishments the best way we know how – together. Our people are invited to attend employee appreciation social events (including our awesome annual holiday party), participate in ticket giveaways for local city events based on your home office location, and celebrate one another through our #CheersforPeers channel.
- Focus on Wellbeing: Take the vacation or volunteer - we have unlimited PTO globally. You’ll also have access to ClassPass memberships, generous company holidays and your birthday off, paid sick days, Employee Resource Groups (or, as we call them, Employee Trust Groups), and other ways to get connected or support company diversity, equity, and inclusion goals.
- Health Benefits: No package is complete without great health benefits. This role may receive company-paid employee healthcare premiums, parental leave, and access to mental health benefits and employee assistance programs. Specific benefits differ by location, so please check with your recruiter to specify what this role will receive.
Our Commitment to You
When you join OneTrust you are stepping onto a launching pad — the countdown has begun. The destination? A career without boundaries working alongside a diverse and inclusive crew who is passionate about doing meaningful work. As a pioneer, your voice and expertise will help chart the direction of an entirely new industry — Trust. Our commitment to putting people first starts with you. Your growth is part of the mission. Our goal is to give you the power to embark on the next phase of your uniquely, unique career
OneTrust provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.