Founded by former executives and alumni from Google, HubSpot, and Wayfair, OneScreen.ai is solving the dilemma of rising online ad costs and declining ROI by unleashing experiences in the real-world.
We are building a marketplace for out-of-home advertising. Media experiences in the real world [aka Billboards, wrapped cars & buses and hundreds of other ways] are an incredibly powerful marketing medium. Not only is it a $40 B global industry, but it is the only traditional advertising medium that is still growing despite the inefficiencies in the industry.
OneScreen.ai's "Market Network" transforms out-of-home advertising - from billboards and buses to wrapped cars and connected TV - into a measurable medium where brands and ideal audiences connect. But wait, there's more! Combine mediums into a single campaign to improve the performance for all of them. Improve the yield from campaigns on Google AdWords, Facebook Ads, even field sales teams by retargeting the right people once you have their trust.
Meet the founders & the team: https://www.onescreen.ai/team
We are officially based out of Boston, Massachusetts. However, we are all working from home and we are building a truly remote team unconstrained by city, country or work timings. You shall also be working from wherever you are for the foreseeable future.
The Chief Financial Officer (CFO) will be responsible for inheriting and ensuring operational excellence, overseeing multiple key functions in the business, and driving both top and bottom line growth. This person is a highly strategic thinker, capable of quickly assessing scenarios and translating strategy into action plans. They must be a strong leader who is able to inspire multiple teams to take action without being prescriptive. This person has experience honing their operational, strategy, and management skills in a fast-paced startup environment and is well-versed in how to manage complex inventory-based operations at scale. This person will lead multiple functions, including, Finance/FP&A, Accounting, and Compliance, to ensure the entire business is operating efficiently. They will report to the CEO and work collaboratively with department heads. Overall, they will be in lock-step with the CEO and executive team, helping to chart the course for the present performance and future growth of OneScreen.AI.
About the position
- Partner with the CEO on financial and strategic issues, which may include industry consolidation and public company preparation.
- Communicate client stories in numbers to internal and external audiences.
- Attract talent to build a world-class finance organization that deeply understands how to do this.
- Forecasting: Deliver accurate monthly, quarterly, and annual forecasts; instrument operations to provide KPIs that drive the business.
- Accounting & Tax: Monthly, quarterly, and annual delivery of actuals, manage annual audit.
- Corporate: Tax and treasury support.
- Strategic finance: Cap table and investor management, including Board work.
- Operational Processes: Organize core processes such as quarterly business reviews, financial planning, OKRs, Inventory Planning, and more.
- Other: Our CFO works closely with Company Board members and senior executives to develop and execute plans to drive the growth of the business. Support M&A and fundraising activity; IPO preparation.
- Work with the CEO on the company’s strategic vision including fostering and cultivating shareholder and stakeholder relationships.
- Provide the Company with an operating budget. Work with the CEO and department heads to provide adequate resources to support budget objectives, and information to ensure proper budget management.
- Assess the benefits of all prospective contracts and advise the Executive Team on financial implications.
- Ensure adequate controls are in place and effectively operating to enable the Company to efficiently and effectively pass third-party audit and financial scrutiny.
- Oversee the management and coordination of all fiscal reporting activities for the Company.
- Monitor banking activities of the organization and negotiate bank credit facilities on behalf of the Company.
- Manage organizational cash flow and forecasting to meet the Company's needs.
- Develop and maintain systems of internal controls to safeguard financial assets of the Company and the preparation of the annual financial statements is in accordance with U.S. GAAP and federal, state and other required schedules and reports both in the U.S. and internationally.
- Oversee tax, accounting, and currency related requirements for the company’s overseas operations.
- Oversee all purchasing, disbursement and payroll activities for the Company.
- Attend Board and Subcommittee meetings as required.
- Maintain and understand the equity history and capitalization table of the Company.
- Serve as one of the trustees of the Company’s 401(k) plan.
- A member of the Executive Leadership Team responsible for influencing company direction, growth, strategic planning, product development and financial forecasting.
- Responsible for all financial and accounting functions including policy development and implementation, and financial system development and management.
- Implement a robust financial management/reporting system; ensure that financial data and cash flow are steady and support operational requirements.
- Work with functional management to establish and track operating metrics in a centralized and cohesive fashion.
- Implement robust contracts management; ensure that the contract billing and collection schedule is adhered to.
- Update and implement all necessary business policies and accounting practices.
- Support company’s M&A activity from research to deal execution to post-merger integration.
- Effectively communicate and present the critical financial matters of the Board of Directors.
- Oversee administrative functions to ensure efficient and consistent operations as the organization scales.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance. CPA or MBA are highly preferred.
- 15+ years of total experience with demonstrated success leading in a dynamic corporate environment. Proven career progression and strong evidence of managing and developing teams. Experience in a start-up environment is valuable.
- Experience with a multinational organization is preferred.
- Experience working with product teams to build internal tools for the finance function.
- Experience with new-age fintech platforms and financing solutions to be able to build a financing offering for our customers and eventually build an internal underwriting process.
- Experience in a high-growth environment and scaling a business to $100M in revenue.
- Experience leading fundraising for at least one or more Series A through C funding rounds preferred.
- Demonstrated operational/FP&A experience.
- Public accounting experience with SEC filings for pre and post IPO preferred
- Has supported M&A activity in a finance and accounting capacity, both pre-deal and post-deal.
- Experience working in venture-backed or private equity funded businesses.
- Proven technical acumen in Finance and Accounting reporting software
- Strategic thinker with strong operational and communication skills; comfortable communicating at all levels within the organization.
- Ability to lead a team to handle multiple priorities in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and dedication to the company’s mission.
Benefits and Perks
- Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision and Disability coverages with 100% employer-paid premiums; additional voluntary benefits available.
- Unlimited PTO with a requirement to use time.
- 10 Paid Holidays with additional Company-recognized days off throughout each year.
- Student Loan repayment assistance
- 401(k) with Company match.
- Access to mental health and wellbeing resources.
- Quarterly Professional Development Days.
- Remote First environment with flexible schedules.
- We have a forest with your name in it (seriously).
Don’t meet 100% of the criteria but think you can do the job? We’d love to hear from you anyway! We’re on a mission to build diverse teams, and studies have shown women and marginalized people are less likely to apply to jobs if they feel they do not check every box.