We have a position open for an Installation Technician / Tower Climber to service the Inland Empire & Los Angeles areas. This is a full-time, permanent position out of our new Rancho Cucamonga office, located at 9380 7th St. The standard hours for this position are 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday, however some work after hours may be required depending on business needs.
Being dependable, having a positive attitude and a strong attention to detail are essential attributes of candidates for this position. The best candidates are also self-motivating with high energy, have a solid multi-tasking ability and a strong desire to learn new technologies.
- Provides installation and repair services to business customers
- Act as remote hands for NOC engineers during service activation and troubleshooting
- Installs, terminates, tests and repairs of Category 3, 5, and 5E premise wiring according to TIA-568B standards. Terminations include RJ45 connectors, biscuit and wall jacks, 66/110 punch down blocks
- Installation of premise hardware, including but not limited to, plywood back boards, conduit, structured cabling, patch panels, UPS, PDU, relay racks, data cabinets, and NEMA boxes
- Installation of network hardware, including but not limited to, switches, routers, firewalls, IP phones, Analog Telephone Adapters, media convertors, wireless access points, microwave radios and dishes
- Climbs and works on towers for the purpose of installing, replacing or equipment
- Ability to learn / use company software, hardware, and related systems
- Ability to climb towers up to 300 feet while carrying 50lbs and 150 ft, while carrying 70 lbs
- Contributes to our 24 x 7 support by participating in rotating on-call shifts
Successful candidates will meet the following minimum qualifications:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Current Com Train (or equivalent) certification in tower climbing or successfully complete Com Train’s certification training within 90 days of being hired
- 1-2 years installation and maintenance experience in the data/communications industry
- Ability to distinguish between colors in a cable
- Ability to test equipment such as power meters, cable toners, and laptops
- Excellent computer skills, verbal and written communication and presentation skills, including writing legibly to prepare neat and accurate records
- Strong analytical skills and efficient and effective problem-solving skills
- Ability to work effectively with tight deadlines and changing priorities
- Flexibility to work some evenings and weekends, when the workload requires, including responding to designated location for a standby /callout within 60 minutes
- Capable of stooping, kneeling or crouching for long periods of time and working in confined or aloft spaces
- Ability to lift and carry up to 70 lbs. consistently
- Must pass pre-employment background check, including having a valid driver’s license and clear driving record
Compensation & Benefits
The hire in rate for this position is $18 per hour. You will also receive access to full and comprehensive benefits including health, dental, vision; life, disability insurance, on the first of the month after 60 days of employment. paid time off will be available after 90 days and 401(k) with a generous company match will be available after 1 year of employment.
Want to Learn More About One Ring Networks?
Watch our videos using the links below and visit www.oneringnetworks.com to learn more about us.