One Ring Networks is a well-established provider of both fiber and fixed wireless solutions. We utilize our fiber and fixed wireless assets to provide high speed wireless internet, reliable and scalable voice and data circuits in the Atlanta, GA, San Diego, CA, Los Angeles, CA, Houston, Dallas/Fort Worth, Kaufman, Gun Barrel City and Athens, TX areas.
We now have a position open for a Installation & Service Technician to service the East Texas area. This is a permanent, full-time position based out of our office in Athens, Texas to service the East Texas area. The hours for this position are Monday through Friday 8:00 am - 5:00 pm, however there may be some after hours work based on business needs.
- Troubleshoot and repair of dial tone, DSL, and wireless service to a residence or business
- Working knowledge of appropriate hand tools to use in an installation
- Identify cable problems, locate and do basic splicing of standard cables
- Climb poles, work aloft on ladders, in cable vaults, and ditches
- Basic knowledge of installation, trouble-shooting, and repair of special circuits
- Ability to work a emergency call outs and rotating on call schedule
- Knowledge of computers and internet
- Clean and organize Company vehicles
- Keeping and maintaining stock of supplies
- Ability to operate a bucket truck
- Use hand tools to connect wires to terminals and to attach and detach various kinds of hardware to cable, etc.
- Working knowledge with color code
- Splice telecom cable
- Troubleshoot and repair inside wiring issues
- Operate telecom test equipment in performance of job responsibilities
Successful candidates will meet the following minimum qualifications:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 1-2 years installation and maintenance experience in the data/communications industry
- Ability to distinguish between colors in a cable
- Ability to test equipment such as power meters, cable toners, and laptops
- Excellent computer skills, verbal and written communication and presentation skills, including writing legibly to prepare neat and accurate records
- Strong analytical skills and efficient and effective problem-solving skills
- Ability to work effectively with tight deadlines and changing priorities
- Flexibility to work some evenings and weekends, when the workload requires, including responding to designated location for a standby /callout within 60 minutes
- Capable of stooping, kneeling or crouching for long periods of time and working in confined or aloft spaces
- Ability to lift and carry up to 70 lbs. consistently
- Must pass pre-employment background check, including having a valid driver’s license and clear driving record
The best candidates are self-motivated with high energy, initiative, and a positive approach to his/her work. He/she will have an excellent attendance record and is a team player with solid multi-tasking ability and a strong desire to learn new technologies.
Compensation & Benefits
Our hire in rate for this position is $13/hr. You will also be eligible to participate in our benefits program, including health, dental, vision; life, and disability insurance are available on the first day of the month after 60 days of employment. Paid time off will being accruing after you've been with the company for 90 days. We also offer a 401(k) with a generous company match, which you can start contributing to after 1 year of employment.
Want to Learn More About One Ring Networks?
Watch our videos using the links below and visit www.oneringnetworks.com to learn more about us.