We have a position open for an Installation Technician / Tower Climber to service the Los Angeles & Inland Empire areas. This is a full-time, permanent position out of our new Rancho Cucamonga office, located at 9380 7th St. The standard hours for this position are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday, however some work after hours may be required depending on business needs.
Being dependable, having a positive attitude and a strong attention to detail are essential attributes of candidates for this position. The best candidates are also self-motivating with high energy, have a solid multi-tasking ability and a strong desire to learn new technologies.
- Provides installation and repair services to business customers
- Act as remote hands for NOC engineers during service activation and troubleshooting
- Installs, terminates, tests and repairs of Category 3, 5, and 5E premise wiring according to TIA-568B standards. Terminations include RJ45 connectors, biscuit and wall jacks, 66/110 punch down blocks
- Installation of premise hardware, including but not limited to, plywood back boards, conduit, structured cabling, patch panels, UPS, PDU, relay racks, data cabinets, and NEMA boxes
- Installation of network hardware, including but not limited to, switches, routers, firewalls, IP phones, Analog Telephone Adapters, media convertors, wireless access points, microwave radios and dishes
- Climbs and works on towers for the purpose of installing, replacing or equipment
- Ability to learn / use company software, hardware, and related systems
- Ability to climb towers up to 300 feet while carrying 50lbs and 150 ft, while carrying 70 lbs
- Contributes to our 24 x 7 support by participating in rotating on-call shifts
Successful candidates will meet the following minimum qualifications:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Current Com Train (or equivalent) certification in tower climbing or successfully complete Com Train’s certification training within 90 days of being hired
- 1-2 years installation and maintenance experience in the data/communications industry
- Ability to distinguish between colors in a cable
- Ability to test equipment such as power meters, cable toners, and laptops
- Excellent computer skills, verbal and written communication and presentation skills, including writing legibly to prepare neat and accurate records
- Strong analytical skills and efficient and effective problem-solving skills
- Ability to work effectively with tight deadlines and changing priorities
- Flexibility to work some evenings and weekends, when the workload requires, including responding to designated location for a standby /callout within 60 minutes
- Capable of stooping, kneeling or crouching for long periods of time and working in confined or aloft spaces
- Ability to lift and carry up to 70 lbs. consistently
- Must pass pre-employment background check, including having a valid driver’s license and clear driving record
Compensation & Benefits
You will receive a competitive salary and full comprehensive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance are effective on the 1st day of the month after 60 days of employment. Paid vacation begins accruing after 90 days and you can also begin 401(k) contributions after 1 year of service and enjoy our company's generous match.
If you meet the minimum qualifications for this position, apply with your resume and salary requirements to be considered.
Want to Learn More About One Ring Networks?
Watch our videos using the links below and visit www.oneringnetworks.com to learn more about us.