Platform Services Software Engineer
About OnePointOne (OPO):
OnePointOne is an indoor farming automation company solving pressing issues of global food production to provide radical new solutions for plant-based research and health applications through automation, data science, and brainpower. We plan to feed developed and developing nations, city by city, by taking an innovative and strategic stance against the problems facing our urbanizing world and growing populations. We also plan to deploy our unique hyper-clean and precision-automated plant production capabilities in a variety of novel ways outside of simple food consumption. Working with OnePointOne offers a unique opportunity to develop a technology-driven agricultural solution with societal, environmental, medical, and economic profits, all intended to improve lives around the world.
About the role:
OPO’s plant production facility is enabled and empowered by a futuristic system that is state-of-the-art in automated indoor farm operations. As we grow and continue to push the technology forward to fulfill our mission, we are looking for a Platform Services Software Engineer to join our team. An OPO Platform Services Software Engineer collaborates on a team with a take-on-the-world attitude and with stakeholders who are passionate about our mission. It is a highly technical position, requiring experience and skills in programming, mathematics and computer science as well as proficiency in soft skills like communication and teamwork.
The Technical Skillsets OPO is looking for in our Platform Services Software Engineer:
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or another STEM field or demonstrable equivalent experience
- Minimum 5+ years experience designing, implementing, testing and documenting platform services systems (distributed systems a plus)
- We are a Python shop and we are looking for significant experience developing platform services with Python
- Experience with Flask, Starlette, Fast API, Python asyncio, Docker a big plus
- Experience designing and implementing relational schemas
- We are an Agile shop operating with a Scrum framework and require active experience and participation in our development systems.
- Comfortable with relational databases and comfortable with schema design
- Strong understanding of REST and HTTP; professional experience with GraphQL a plus
The OnePointOne Software seeks a new teammate having:
- Experience shipping production quality code
- Proven track record of results driven planning and execution
- Hands-on development experience and leadership
- Small company and/or startup experience a plus
- Strong collaborative approach with penchant for developing win-win solutions
- Ability to perform under pressure and in high visibility settings
- Comfort with change and ambiguity in a fast-paced environment; experience working in a dynamic, rapidly changing environment is a plus
- Exceptional work ethic and sense of ownership and accountability
- Obsessive attention to detail
- Comfortable communicating with and presenting to small, tight knit teams.
Please review the Job Description for this role at:<tbd> to apply. Also review our website at www.onepointone.com for more information.
Thank you for your interest!
Job Type: Full-time | Job Location: Phoenix, Arizona, or Remote