Onefootball is the ultimate media platform that enables football fans to get their daily dose of news and scores wherever they are, created by a team of professionals from more than 35 different countries. With +30 engineers based in the heart of Berlin, our mission is to tell the world’s football stories through a stable, scalable and reliable stack. On a monthly base, we reach +30 Million passionate football fans all over the world.
At Onefootball, you will be working in agile, cross functional and self-organized teams to deliver the ultimate product experience for football fans. You will help to create, promote and disseminate standards, gaining valuable experience simultaneously. Our main systems consists of micro service architecture with golang applications serving iOS, Android and Web clients. We have a strong foundation of shipping code through containers using cloud native technologies, such as Kubernetes. You can check our Stackshare page, too.
Design, develop and deliver solutions in the cloud. Create, promote and disseminate standards, gaining valuable experience simultaneously. Make impact by providing a secure, high-scalable and cost-effective services while working together with the engineering team. Have stability as a foundation enforced by clear processes. This is how we drive SRE through the Core Team at Onefootball. We believe that incidents and other issues must be dealt as a software problem. We’re data driven. We enforce and foment processes and communication between teams and competences. We’re an adaptable cross-functional team that creates and maintain tools and solutions for making Onefootball systems more stable, scalable and reliable.
- Ensure reliability and scalability through building-blocks tools, standards and SRE best practices
- Work on a growing set of backend services that bring the latest scores, match highlights and statistics of hundreds of competitions to millions of users at any time
- Engage in monitoring, automation and software optimisation
- Work together with software engineers to propose new solutions
- Increase productivity of cross-functional stream teams by reducing lead time, tech debt and promoting DevOps culture
- Foment best practices through processes and communication between teams and competences
- Influence ways of working by sharing your experiences together with your personal skills-set and solid experience
- Some years of experience in developing and maintaining fast, scalable and well-documented APIs
- Knowledge in developing backend services using Go (Python and/or Ruby is a plus)
- You are used to work with relational and non relational databases with ability to optimize them effectively
- Scalability, caching, load testing and tuning/profiling of applications are part of your ways of working
- Unit, integration & functional testing in distributed architectures are a must
- Skills in debugging, automation, regular expressions and shell script
- Experience in Docker, Kubernetes and agile methodologies are pluses
What we offer
At Onefootball we offer a fantastic workplace in Berlin, Prenzlauer Berg, with amazing rooftop terrace, kicker tables and FIFA corner. We provide great IT equipment, free beverages, fruits and cereals in an empowering, international and agile working environment.
As we proudly value our long-term co-workers, we offer one additional vacation day for each working year. You also have the opportunity to attend industry events & conferences, as part of our learning and development system. Add monthly parties & events to a culture of knowledge sharing – with weekly lightning talks, learning sessions and meetups – and you’ll get a great impression of how life working at Onefootball is.
If we have captured your interest and you want to help us build the ultimate media platform for football fans, apply now and join our engineering team!
Onefootball strives for a healthy and safe workplace and is committed to building diverse teams.