Onefootball is the ultimate media platform that enables football fans to get their daily dose of news and scores wherever they are, created by a team of professionals from more than 35 different countries. With +30 engineers based in the heart of Berlin, our mission is to tell the world's football stories through a stable, scalable and reliable stack. On a monthly base, we reach +30 Million passionate football fans all over the world.
At Onefootball, you will be working in agile, cross functional and self-organized teams to deliver the ultimate product experience for football fans. You will help to create, promote and disseminate standards, gaining valuable experience simultaneously. Our main systems consists of micro service architecture with golang applications serving iOS, Android and Web clients. We have a strong foundation of shipping code through containers using cloud native technologies, such as Kubernetes. You can check our Stackshare page, too.
A critical part of the user experience is to deliver the most relevant informations to each and every single user. The User team manages all aspects of settings, login, configuration, personalization which only can enable a truly delightful experience.
- Become a leader for the User engineering team: create a safe, empowering environment, set the right boundaries and goals and help removing blockers for the team and deliver against our targets for user retention, user engagement and monetization.
- Together with the Product Owner and the team build your delivery process, plan your iterations and research and influence the larger technology and product initiatives
- Collaborate closely with other leads and stakeholders to be effective
- Embrace an agile, supportive, SRE and quality first mindset.
- Stay close to development and depending on your skills and interests - contribute to the codebase, tools, documentation
- Experience as people manager and as a software engineer
- Passion for building a mobile (app) first product
- You care for data privacy and security; data engineering knowledge is a plus.
- Good communication skills, the ability to coach and to manage internal and external stakeholders.
What we offer
At Onefootball we offer a fantastic workplace in Berlin, Prenzlauer Berg, with amazing rooftop terrace, kicker tables and FIFA corner. We provide great IT equipment, free beverages, fruits and cereals in an empowering, international and agile working environment. As we proudly value our long-term co-workers, we offer one additional vacation day for each working year. You also have the opportunity to attend industry events & conferences, as part of our learning and development system. Add monthly parties & events to a culture of knowledge sharing - with weekly lightning talks, learning sessions and meetups - and you’ll get a great impression of how life working at Onefootball is. If we have captured your interest and you want to help us build the ultimate media platform for football fans, apply now and join our engineering team!
Onefootball strives for a healthy and safe workplace and is commited to building diverse teams.