Field Manager Assistant
OEF is a nonprofit, nongovernmental organization with a vision of developing effective systems of global governance to achieve a world beyond war, leading to our tagline “Peace Through Governance.” Central to OEF’s mission is collaborating closely with the business community. As an operating foundation, OEF focuses on both researching and developing ideas, and implementing those ideas in practical projects. One Earth Future is an international, well-funded operating foundation, focusing on eliminating conflict through better global governance structures.
The primary role of the Field Manager Assistant is to support the Senior Field Manager through coordination of administrative duties for pre/post investment loan for businesses. The Field Assistant duties will include data entry, contacting clients, meeting with existing and potential clients for initiating investment loan inquiries, gathering required due diligence information, financial documentation, and loan collection.
Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Work closely with the Senior Field Managers to regularly update them on business investment opportunities, development of client applications, and progress of current clients.
- Communicate with potential clients for investment inquiries through face-to-face meetings, telephone, and email.
- Assist and organize outreach presentations about the fund to publicize the fund to the business community through the chamber, business associations, line ministries and other events.
- To expedite the loan process, carry out the initial analyzes for business plans, pre-assessment questionnaires, financial statements, other required documents to give clients feedback of any missing information or corrections and assist clients in completing the investment application.
- Conducting client’s reference and reference on reference (RoR) checks.
- Collect and review all required documents from clients, vendors and verify their authenticities.
- Prepare for client’s Investment assessment tool and Environmental social and Governance (ESG) including assisting in devising action plans for client implementation.
- Assist in ESG and TA action plan Implementations and site visits for due diligence and monitoring.
- Collect and review all the wire related documents with help of the Senior Field Managers.
- Work closely with the LSA for closing loans and signing term sheets and Murabaha from the clients.
- Conduct repayment collections for the Nordic Fund and AFF including defaulted clients setting payment plans and providing updated monthly repayment reporting.
- Ensuring client payments (to financier) are made in full and on time, building an ongoing relationship with clients, and other tasks as requested.
- Data collection and input for asset, pipeline and Murabaha status tracking using databases such as Airtable.
- Monitor clients who have received funding, which entails reviewing and timely submission of client progress reports working closely with the office coordinator and ILA.
- Identify investment opportunities among existing and/or potential businesses that are currently or will soon become finance ready based on merit, profitability, growth potential, scalability, job creation, and sustainability of the business.
- Comply with Shuraako program regulations and commitment to One Earth Future’s Vision and Shuraako’s Goals.
- Participate in daily stand up and weekly meetings with the Shuraako team.
- Prepare weekly and quarterly reports for collection, pipeline and submit to the Senior Field Managers for review.
- Complete any other tasks as requested by Shuraako Senior staff.
Required Education, Knowledge, Skills and Competences:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Economy, Accounting, or related discipline is strongly preferred.
- A minimum of 1 years of administrative work experience.
- Prior experience working in the bank sector, non-governmental and/or international organization
- Superb oral and written communication skills in Somali is required.
- Highly detail oriented and superb organization skills.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize workload in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work with teams of individuals at all levels both inside and outside the organization.
- Ability to maintain a flexible work schedule.
- Ability to engage and correspond with important stakeholders from diverse cultures
- Strong computer skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Commitment to OEF’s vision (www.oneearthfuture.org).
- Basic oral and written skills in English language
Physical Work Demands:
- Able to sit at a computer for extended periods of time.
- Able to bend at the waist and reach on a daily basis.
- Able to lift and move up to 25 lbs. regularly.
At One Earth Future (OEF), we celebrate difference and welcome its benefits. Therefore, we are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.