Research Coordinator, PAX sapiens
PAX sapiens is a grantmaking foundation hosted by One Earth Future. PAX sapiens uses direct grantmaking and coordination tools such as convenings, conferences, and information sharing systems to advance human security and sustainable peace. PAX sapiens has three primary issue areas we focus on, including strengthening global systems for pandemic prevention, preventing nuclear war and the use of nuclear weapons, and improving the effectiveness of global governance broadly and promoting better US-Chinese relationships in global fora specifically.
PAX sapiens is hosted by the operating foundation One Earth Future. For more than a decade, One Earth Future (OEF) has worked to solve complex problems at the root of armed conflict. Through its unique culture of iterative learning and improvement, OEF designs, tests, and partners to scale programs that help communities see problems in new ways and solve them collectively. With its headquarters in Colorado and offices around the world, OEF operates as a portfolio of peacebuilding programs, each with its own director, strategy, and budget. What holds them together is a common purpose: to provide an impartial platform for diverse stakeholders to form adaptive problem-solving networks for peace. At the foundation level, OEF provides the financial, strategic, and operational support needed to iteratively develop solutions to complex problems that could not have been designed in advance.
Primary Role: This position is intended to provide research support for PAX sapiens as the foundation explores new issue areas. The Coordinator will be asked to quickly synthesize desk research including academic, news media, and open-source data, into brief and accessible summaries that generate opportunities for project development. The position will also be asked to assist with project planning and management under the direction of senior staff, particularly on projects relating to the creation and maintenance of impact-focused networks.
Senior Strategic Advisor, One Earth Future
Hourly; Non-Exempt; Full-time
The hiring range for this position is $19.23-25.25 hourly.
This position is benefits eligible. Offered benefits include Medical, Vision, Dental, Life Insurance, Short and Long Term Disability, and a 401k.
This position is located at the One Earth Future Foundation central office in Broomfield, CO. The OEF office operates on a hybrid in-office/work from home model, and this position may have the option for some remote work.
- Research issue areas, professional networks, or specific questions through desk research including review of academic literature, outreach to identified experts, and open-source data.
- Regularly write briefing memos that synthesize research findings into accessible, outcome-focused, and brief documents.
- Map networks of key actors in an issue space through desk research and direct outreach, and conduct interviews with subject matter experts identified through this mapping.
- Some project management responsibilities, including working under direction to develop project plans for convenings or coordination meetings.
- Assist as requested in administrative and research tasks including but not limited to working with other PAX staff to develop PAX policies and/or communications materials
- Other duties as required
Required Education, Knowledge, Skills and Competences:
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s level degree in a field relevant to the foundation’s work.
- Experience with desk research and the ability to quickly synthesize multiple sources of information into accessible summaries.
- Excellent writing skills in English.
- Commitment to OEF’s vision, principles, and values (www.oneearthfuture.org)
- Experience in international social impact through governmental, military, grantmaking, or nonprofit work.
- Demonstrated quantitative and/or qualitative research skills
- Academic or professional experience in global public health or pandemic prevention, nuclear security or nuclear nonproliferation, and/or global governance or international relations.
- Fluency in a language other than English, especially Spanish, Somali, and/or Chinese (Mandarin)
- Basic graphic design skills
Physical Work Demands:
- Able to sit at a computer for extended periods of time.
- Able to bend at the waist and reach on a daily basis.
- Able to lift and move up to 25 lbs regularly.
At One Earth Future (OEF), we celebrate diversity and welcome its benefits and are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.