Graphic Design & Communications Specialist
For more than a decade, the One Earth Future Foundation (OEF) has worked as an incubator of innovative peacebuilding programs. We design, test and partner to scale programs that work hand-in-hand with communities and a network of collaborators to eliminate the root causes of war and armed conflict. With headquarters in Colorado and offices in Colombia, Somalia, Vienna and Washington, DC, OEF is a mission-focused not-for-profit organization that is deeply committed to our goals for social impact, and which operates like a private sector organization with an emphasis on efficiency, growth and making measurable impacts within the conflict contexts in which it works.
The Graphic Design & Communications Specialist will assist OEF program teams in the creation of strategic communications content that speaks to their specific stakeholders while at the same time reinforces the identity of the organization as a whole. With the oversight of the Communications Manager, the Graphic Design & Communications Specialist will support departmental initiatives and create content, design materials and infographics, including research reports, policy briefings, and other documents, as well as support the creation, coordination and delivery of website, video and social media content. The Graphic Design & Communications Specialist is responsible for creating and disseminating content across the spectrum of channels and media that highlights OEF’s core beliefs and success stories with goals to define and engage the organization’s and individual programs’ target audiences.
Full time, Salaried, Exempt
The hiring range for this position is $50,000 - $60,000 annually
This position is benefits eligible. Offered benefits include Medical, Vision, Dental, Life Insurance, Short and Long Term Disability, and a 401k.
This position is located at the OEF central office in Broomfield, Colorado and will be remote as necessary during the COVID pandemic.
- Design digital and print materials, including stand-alone infographics or maps, reports, brochures, presentations, newsletters, signs, and other marketing materials.
- Coordinate with outside vendors to produce, and distribute materials where applicable.
- Review design and communications content for quality and consistency with OEF standards.
- Work with communications and OEF program managers to define OEF’s target audiences, craft messaging directed at specific demographics, identify measurable goals to calculate communication engagement, and assist in the creation of assessment strategies that measure these goals.
- Assist Web Manager with weekly routine website updates and design.
- Other communications, design and production tasks as requested.
Technical Education, Knowledge, Skills and Competences
This role requires a mastery of design principles and a high-level proficiency in the latest design software (Adobe Creative Cloud). A solid understanding of digital and print media production and distribution is also a must. Experience with Google Suite, Sprout Social, MuckRack, Salesforce, Predictive Response, and video production highly advantageous.
Specific requirements include
- A high-level proficiency in Adobe Creative Cloud (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, and Premiere), with a demonstrated ability to convert complex ideas and data into concise, well-crafted communications pieces.
- Knowledge of online content management systems such as Monday.com, Jira & Bitbucket, Slack or similar.
- Experience in updating websites using Drupal, HTML, and CSS a plus.
- Superb organization skills and project management skills.
- Superb oral, written, and visual communication skills.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize workload in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to maintain a flexible work schedule.
- An undergraduate degree in Graphic Design, Communications, or a related field.
- Minimum of 2-3 years experience in design/communications within a team setting.
- Experience or interest in the fields of international development, political science, or related areas a plus.
- Experience and/or interest in international development across the private, governmental, or NGO sectors a plus.
- Experience communicating in and designing communications for international audiences and in an intercultural environment is also a strong plus. Graduate coursework in a relevant area, also a plus.
At One Earth Future (OEF), we celebrate diversity and welcome its benefits and are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
*** Applications must include portfolio examples that demonstrate a mastery of design and data visualization skills across various platforms including print, web and social media. Submissions without portfolio examples will not be considered.