One Earth Future (OEF) is an incubator of innovative peacebuilding programs. We design, test and partner to scale programs that work hand-in-hand with communities to eliminate the root causes of war. Each of our programs works for sustainable solutions to address the drivers of a specific problem, while gathering and sharing lessons about cooperative governance more broadly. Whether we are supporting grassroots coalitions in Colombia, connecting Somali businesses to lenders abroad or working to reduce the risks posed by nuclear weapons, One Earth Future is consistently focused on our vision of sustainable peace. OEF maintains headquarters in Colorado and offices in Colombia, Somalia, Austria and Washington, DC.
OEF’s goal is to evolve and upgrade our websites to meet and exceed our audiences’ expectations for a best-in-class organization when they visit our sites, which span the web domains of OEF’s central organization and each of OEF’s program sites.
S/he manages all aspects of day-to-day maintenance of site performance and works collaboratively with the Communications Manager, Communications Specialist and other Communications and Program team members to ensure timely content updates on multiple sites that serve the needs and interests of diverse global audiences.
This team member manages or collaborates with Communications and Program teams in the development of new and existing website content, and supports or manages the integration of new web-based products, tools, features and functionality related specifically to OEF and its Programs. S/he acts proactively as lead project manager on technical optimization and maintenance for each OEF site, either completing deliverables herself/himself and/or managing external developers to identify and fix problems on a timely basis and meet OEF’s ongoing user experience goals.
Working in collaboration with the Communications team, s/he is responsible for the effective and timely planning, management and delivery of all web deliverables for the Foundation and its programs, and will on occasion act as the liaison between OEF management and developers to coordinate and guide the sourcing and management of contract web developers for various projects executing strategically sound deliverables. In addition, S/he collaborates with the Director of Communications & External Affairs and the Communications Manager for ongoing, forward-looking planning and development of One Earth Future Foundation’s web presence.
Salaried; Exempt; Full-time
The hiring range for this position is $85,000 to $95,000 annually.
This position is benefits eligible. Offered benefits include Medical, Vision, Dental, Life Insurance, Short and Long Term Disability, and a 401k.
This position is located at the OEF central office in Broomfield, Colorado and may have the option for some remote work.
- Oversee OEF’s portfolio of Drupal websites, overseeing the performance, maintenance, and development of world-class web site experiences.
- Serve as the lead technology advisor and implementer for the development and implementation on front end and back end web projects, from concept to completion.
- Act as technology advisor to collaboratively develop strategically sound project timelines, prioritize tasks, and define scope in partnership with the stakeholders involved.
- Monitor, advise and continually work to enhance web traffic and engagement on our sites and improve SEO, reporting results on a regular basis to organizational and program team managers.
- Manage the organization’s web hosting.
- Operate with a “customer-driven” service mentality, managing daily support requests related to online assets, including updates, corrections and troubleshooting.
- On occasion act as technology advisor to source and efficiently manage qualified contractors for specific projects, from developing RFPs through collaboration as on-time, on-budget deliverables.
- Ensure that technical solutions meet organizational requirements; as necessary to that end efficiently managing required vendor relationships.
Required Education, Knowledge, Skills and Competencies:
The Website Manager at One Earth Future will have a love of helping other people solve problems and a passion for the web, design and collaboration. S/he will care about the impact her/his work contributes to the OEF mission, and thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment managing sites and web content in collaboration with multiple teams.
- 3-5 years of professional experience in development required.
- Drupal experience required.
- Robust experience working with front end technologies.
- Commanding knowledge of PHP, Drupal, or similar platforms.
- Experience collaborating with designers to create custom interfaces and an interest in developing web applications.
- BA/BS degree preferred. PMP certification or similar helpful.
- Experience holding primary responsibility for managing the effective performance and maintenance of websites with a commitment to continuous improvement and to utilizing, communicating and responding to site analytics.
- Experience managing and/or implementing, web redesign/development projects for high quality user experience among diverse audiences, collaborative content strategy planning and implementation, and day-to-day management and updates of multiple websites to successful deployment and ongoing support/success.
- Experience planning, budgeting for and managing project needs, and in related relationship building skills,
- Experience integrating Search Engine Optimization best practices.
- Knowledge and passion for emerging technologies and trends in the software development industry.
- Outcome-focused and deadline-driven in your approach to project management and internal customer service skills.
- An interest in serving/collaborating with multiple mission-driven teams, and proven experience efficiently managing multiple projects, tracks of work, and deadlines.
- Self-motivation and the ability to work proactively, independently and/or on a team with strong attention to detail and high standards in delivery quality.
- Confidence when presenting work and recommended solutions to colleagues and collaborators and the ability to bring new ideas to the table.
- Ability and interest in fostering service-oriented processes and internal relationships.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- English language fluency required.
- Authorized to work in the United States.
- Familiarity/experience with Drupal that incorporates multiple browsers and devices for cross-platform use.
- A passion for building and maintaining websites that integrate brand strategy, business goals, design, and technology.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite applications.
- Experience with Salesforce.
- An interest in contributing to and/or driving process improvement.
- Spanish or Somali language fluency.
Physical Work Demands:
- Able to sit at a computer for extended periods of time.
- Able to bend at the waist and reach on a daily basis.
- Able to lift and move up to 25 lbs regularly.
At One Earth Future (OEF), we celebrate diversity and welcome its benefits and are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.