Website User Experience & Maintenance Manager
One Earth Future (OEF) is an incubator of innovative peacebuilding programs. We design, test and partner to scale programs that work hand-in-hand with communities to eliminate the root causes of war. Each of our programs works for sustainable solutions to address the drivers of a specific problem, while gathering and sharing lessons about cooperative governance more broadly. Whether we are supporting grassroots coalitions in Colombia, connecting Somali businesses to lenders abroad or working to reduce the risks posed by nuclear weapons, One Earth Future is consistently focused on our vision of sustainable peace. OEF maintains headquarters in Colorado and offices in Colombia, Somalia, Austria and Washington, DC.
OEF’s goal is to evolve and upgrade the site to meet and exceed our audiences’ expectations for a best-in-class organization when they visit our site, which spans the web domains of OEF’s central organization and each of OEF’s program sites. The Website Manager is a tech-savvy, user experience-centered individual with a passion and experience in maintaining websites that integrate brand strategy, business goals, design, and technology, and thrives in a dynamic environment managing websites and web content in collaboration with multiple teams.
S/he manages all aspects of day-to-day maintenance of site performance and works collaboratively with the Communications Manager and other Communications and Program team members to ensure timely content updates on multiple sites that serve the needs and interests of diverse global audiences.
This team member manages or collaborates with Communications and Program teams in the development of new and existing website content areas, and supports or manages the integration of new web-based products, tools, features and functionality related specifically to OEF and its Programs. S/he acts proactively as project manager on technical optimization and maintenance for each OEF site, either completing deliverables herself/himself and/or managing external developers to identify and fix problems on a timely basis and meet OEF’s ongoing user experience goals.
The Website Manager is responsible for a high quality overall OEF website user experience, planning and performing the completion of web-based deliverables, or guiding the sourcing and management of contract web developers for various projects.
Working in collaboration with the Communications team, s/he is responsible for the effective and timely planning, management and delivery of all web deliverables for the Foundation and its programs, and will on occasion act as the liaison between OEF management and developers to coordinate and execute strategically sound deliverables.
S/he collaborates with the Director of Communications & External Affairs and the Communications Manager for ongoing, forward-looking planning and development of One Earth Future Foundation’s web presence.
Salaried; Exempt; Full-time
The hiring range for this position is $85,000 to $95,000 annually.
This position is benefits eligible. Offered benefits include Medical, Vision, Dental, Life Insurance, Short and Long Term Disability, and a 401k.
This position is located at the OEF central office in Broomfield, Colorado. The position will be remote until the Broomfield offices reopens (it is currently closed due to the COVID-19 pandemic).
- Manage the maintenance, performance, design and development of a world-class web site experience.
- Monitor, advise and continually work to enhance web traffic and engagement on our sites and improve SEO, reporting results on a regular basis to organizational and program team managers.
- Manage the organization’s web hosting.
- Act as technology lead on the development and implementation for various web related projects from concept to completion.
- Act as technology advisor to collaboratively develop sound project timelines, prioritize tasks, and define scope in partnership with the stakeholders involved.
- Operate with a “customer-driven” service mentality, managing daily support requests related to online assets, including updates, corrections and troubleshooting.
- On occasion act as technology advisor to source and efficiently manage qualified contractors for specific projects, from developing RFPs through collaboration as on-time, on-budget deliverables.
- Ensure that technical solutions meet organizational requirements; as necessary to that end efficiently managing required vendor relationships.
Required Education, Knowledge, Skills and Competencies:
- Experience in website user experience management in an environment that requires some programming and coding. (Drupal experience strongly preferred.)
- Outcome-focused and deadline-driven project management and customer service skills, serving multiple teams, tracks of work, deadlines and budgets.
- BA/BS degree preferred. PMP certification or similar helpful.
- Experience managing and/or implementing, web redesign/development projects for high quality user experience among diverse audiences, collaborative content strategy planning and implementation, and day-to-day management and updates of multiple websites to successful deployment and ongoing support/success.
- Experience managing effective performance and maintenance of websites.
- Experience planning for and managing project/organizational needs, and in related skills in relationship building and fostering service-oriented internal relationships.
- Knowledge of Search Engine Optimization best practices.
- Knowledge of emerging technologies and trends in the software development industry.
- Ability to work proactively, independently and/or on a team with strong attention to detail and high standards in delivery quality.
- English language fluency required.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with Drupal 7+ Content Management System that incorporates multiple browsers and devices for cross-platform use.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite applications, Microsoft Office products, including MS Project and Access (and other databases like SQL), Photoshop and/or other visual-based design tools.
- Spanish language fluency.
- Experience integrating organizational operations with Salesforce.
Physical Work Demands:
- Able to sit at a computer for extended periods of time.
- Able to bend at the waist and reach on a daily basis.
- Able to lift and move up to 25 lbs regularly.
At One Earth Future (OEF), we celebrate diversity and welcome its benefits and are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.