As part of the senior management team, VP Reinsurance plays an important role in efficiently structuring and deploying capital as well as developing and executing risk management strategies. A successful candidate understands how to utilize reinsurance to achieve our corporate development goals and safeguarding underwriting.
At the operational level, this position will be responsible for developing reinsurance management framework and maintain all SOP, policies and guidelines relating to reinsurance. She/He will work across functional departments and lead the execution of reinsurance strategies.
What you will be doing:
Strategy and Risk Management
- Work with senior management team to develop overall reinsurance strategy by creating and utilizing various vehicles and capital;
- Develop and implement the Reinsurance Management Framework, Reinsurance Guidelines and other related protocols such as security management
- Coordinate with Business Development, Underwriting, and Risk Management to structure reinsurance arrangement; create cross functional synergies to achieve business objectives
- Create functional strategies and specific objectives for the Reinsurance department
- Responsibility for all internal and external reinsurance reporting and returns; Annually review current reinsurance programs and program structures and evaluate alternatives, formulates options, and recommend changes (e.g. enhancements in the treaties)
Operations of reinsurance
- Responsibility for placing all reinsurance for OneInfinity and OneDegree HK as required
- Prepare the required renewal information including statistics, risk profiles, top risks, underwriting philosophy and major losses, etc.
- Develop adequate controls and reports to monitor reinsurance performance
- Manage reinsurer/broker relationships; lead negotiations with outwards brokers/reinsurers
- Work with Underwriting department to optimize Reinsurance treaty structure
- Liaise with claims department to ensure full knowledge of the protection and utilising the RI programme. Review all initial recoveries to any cover;
- Review the placing slips, cover notes and wordings
What we are looking for:
- Strong reinsurance technical knowledge; multiple years of experience in Underwriting and/or Reinsurance with an insurer, reinsurer or reinsurance broker is a plus; experience managing, structuring and purchasing reinsurance programmes preferred
- Strong Analytical and problem-solving skill; good at data analysis and interpretation
- Good negotiation and interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skill
- The ability to manage large workloads and tight deadlines
What we can offer:
- A good mix of start-up culture with decent corporate governance
- Agility and flexibility so long as the KPIs can be satisfactorily delivered
- Exposure to work in various tech-savvy divisions within the Group
- Steep learning curve with lots of exciting opportunities especially for those who are starving for growth
- Be a member of the rising InsurTech star pioneering the industry development
Authorised by the Hong Kong Insurance Authority since April 2020, OneDegree has quickly established itself as a leading virtual insurer. With Its tech DNA, OneInfinity by OneDegree combines strong underwriting expertise with sophisticated data analytics and inter-disciplinary technical know-how to offer advanced risk management and insurance solutions to the end-to-end providers of digital asset services.
We are a team of experienced multi-disciplinary professionals coming from diverse backgrounds, including insurance underwriting, risk management, banking, auditing, and cybersecurity. But we share the passionate in digital assets and new technologies, and we believe in the infinite opportunities that Web3 will bring us. Our mission is to offer innovative insurance and risk transfer solutions to protect against the emerging risks in the digital asset sector and enabling the fast-growing industry to unlock its infinite value and potential.
To us, people is our greatest asset! We are agile, adaptive, and nimble – and most importantly, we always work as a team to make things happen. With a culture of flexibility and transparency, we believe everyone’s contribution matters.