OneDegree is a new generation of InsurTech that reimagining the industry with design and digital innovation. Our mission is to set new standards for insurance that puts customers first.
We are among the first batch of virtual insurers authorized by the Hong Kong Insurance Authority to provide insurance products purely through online channels. We pride ourselves on providing breakthrough innovations in products and services via our digital platform. We are currently offering Pet and Fire Insurance and expected to provide wider coverage to the general public in the coming year.
Want to join us and make a change? We are looking for an Assistant Operational Risk and Compliance Manager to facilitate Enterprise Risk Management and help with general compliance work.
If you are detail-minded and self-motivated, come and join our team!
What you will be doing:
- Evaluating the company’s operational processes and policies, and identifying procedures that pose risk for the business
- Identifying of and coordinating with Risk Owners on all relevant risk and control requirements
- Identifying and communicating of deficiencies and other items of concern to appropriate parties during the performance of control activities for timely correction and/or remediation as needed
- Maintaining and archiving of all relevant data and supporting documentation as evidence of the performance of control activities
- Incident management and analysis
- Partnering with first line business units on compliance matters specific to these units
- Performing duties as requested by Management, in addition to the essential job functions described above
What we are looking for:
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in insurance operations or agency management
- Excellent communication skills and good stakeholders management skills
- Demonstrated aptitude for analytics
- Organised and self-motivated
- Insurance compliance knowledge or qualification is a plus
- Experience in digital product is a plus
- Professional qualification in insurance or working towards such qualification, e.g. LOMA, CII, is a plus
*Candidate with less experience will be considered as Operational Risk and Compliance Analyst
More about us:
- Fast-growing insurtech startup in Hong Kong
- Young and energetic team
- Flat organization structure
- Opportunities to grow and shine!
We value our employee - let’s check out what we offer
- 15 days annual leave
- Medical benefits
- Work-life balance environment
To us, people are our greatest asset and we are more than happy to invest in employees! We create a healthy work atmosphere and provide you with the tools and support for doing your job successfully. With a culture of flexibility and transparency, we believe there should be no barriers, and everyone’s contributions matter.
We would like to be an ‘EMPLOYER OF CHOICE’!