OneDegree is a new generation of InsurTech that reimagining the industry with design and digital innovation. Our mission is to set new standards for insurance that puts customers first.
We are among the first batch of virtual insurers authorized by the Hong Kong Insurance Authority to provide insurance products purely through online channels. We pride ourselves on providing breakthrough innovations in products and services by our digital platform, we now offer Pet Insurance and Fire Insurance for your furry friends and for your home.
Want to join us and make a change? We are looking for a Head of Analytics who helps with defining and developing data strategy and initiatives to draw insights from external and internal data sources and turn them into actionable items. Also to collaborate cross-functionally to drive business growth and operational efficiency with data-driven decision making.
If you are data-driven and a business decision maker, come and join our team!
What you will be doing:
- Design problem statements, build and experiment with data and algorithms to derive business insights and monitor business metrics
- Drive data initiatives and collaborate closely with other business stakeholders to turn insights into actions to improve business operations and capture new market opportunities
- Develop methods for enriching and expanding enterprise data sources and signals and leverage those to drive iterative improvements
- Continue to build/ strengthen existing data pipeline and infrastructure (data quality, integrity) and be the owner of OneDegree’s data warehouse to strengthen our business intelligence and analytics capabilities
- Responsible for building the data science and analytics team from scratch, recruiting new team member, growing the team along with company resource planning
- Provide visionary data and analytics leadership to OneDegree, and develop a strong team culture of collaboration and commitment to impact
What we are looking for:
- Strong business acumen with solid experience in financial and business analytics and planning, with 5+ years of experience in relevant fields.
- University degree in business analytics, data science, actuarial science, and a related discipline
- Strong communication skills to motivate and influence different stakeholders to jointly build a data-driven culture
- Be a self-starter proactively taking initiatives, motivated by challenges, setbacks and changes.
- Solid knowledge of modern data infrastructure including data warehouse, data lake and respective applications
- Proficiency in statistical tools such as Python, R, SQL and Data Warehouse
- Able to think out-of-the-box to resolve problems and blockers
- Embrace a strong drive for results, continuous improvement, and execution
- Ability to seamlessly work with remote teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Chinese
More about us:
- Fast growing insurtech startup in Hong Kong
- Young and energetic team
- Flat organisation structure
- Opportunities to grow and shine!
We value our employee - let’s check out what we offer
- 15 days annual leave
- Medical benefits
- Work-life balance environment
To us, people is our greatest asset and we are more than happy to invest in employees! We create a healthy work atmosphere and provide you with the tools and support for doing your job successfully. With a culture of flexibility and transparency, we believe there should be no barriers and everyone’s contributions matter.
We would like to be an ‘EMPLOYER OF CHOICE’!