About One Acre Fund
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies 1 million smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. Our 7,000+ team is drawn from diverse backgrounds and professions. With operations across six core countries in Africa, we make farmers more prosperous by providing quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural training to improve harvests. On average, our farmers harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
To learn more about our work, take a look at our Why Work Here blog for more information.
About the Role
The Plant and Warehouse Coordinator is a member of the Rwanda Seed Production Department. You will report directly to the Seed Operations Lead. The Rwanda Seed Department is jointly under the guidance of OAF Rwanda Impact Ventures and the Global Sourcing department. Over time we would like to see you coordinate overall processing activities to achieve planned processing timeline goals and manage the operations within the warehouse, with the focus on increased operational efficiencies and sustainability. In short, you will ensure all inputs are present to promote the smooth and cost-effective processing of seed at Gabiro.
- Schedule, prioritize, plan, adjust processing activities, together with the Seed Processing Account Specialist and Seed Production Specialist, to improve runtime and meet customer deadlines
- Plan processing tasks and schedules according to customer orders
- Ensure adequate number of laborers are scheduled to carry-out processing
- Maintain, update, monitor and review processing Master plan
- Escalate complex issues to manager for resolution
- Investigate processing problems, analyze causes and provide solutions
- Communicate processing status to managers and escalate complex issues to manager for resolution
- Follow company standards and processing policies to meet our goals
Warehouse Management (20%)
- Oversee loading and unloading of deliveries
- Requesting of inventory purchases
- Stock and Sort Warehouse Shelves (Lead month end Stock Audits)
- Maintain Inventory Records
- Prepare inventory for shipping and distribution
- Schedule inventory deliveries
- Follow safety standards
Processing Team (35%) - Lead the processing team through the processing team lead. Maintain an overview of the productivity and efficiency of the processing staff. Develop training on best practices, encouraging the processing team to produce high-quality seed and minimizing waste across all processes.
Health and Safety (15%) - Lead incident reporting. Create, in collaboration with the Health and Safety commission, Task Risk Assessments at each Step of the processing. Oversee Health and Safety trainings to increase overall awareness.
Reporting (10%) - You will lead the transmission of this information through short intervals meetings with the team to determine trends and highlight areas needing attention, either through direct action or further escalation.
Role Expectations and Definitions of Success
- As The Processing Plant and Warehouse coordinator, you will place processing and delivering the highest-quality seed possible to farmers as your top priority
- Your team management skills will allow you to manage all processing activities through the skilled members of your team
- You place the greatest value on your team's success, productivity, and growth.
- You are an important player in ensuring that out-growers are satisfied with the services provided and retained as customers for future seasons.
Career Growth and Development
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
Across all roles, these are the general qualifications we look for. For this role specifically, you will have:
- Experience of 1+ years working in the Rwandan seed industry, with focus on focus on providing high-quality seed - candidates with agricultural processing experience would be well regarded
- A degree in management, agriculture, biology, environmental science or equivalent
- Basic project management skills experience leading a team to achieve outstanding results but also promoting a sustainable working environment
- Experience in production scheduling and reporting
- Experience in inventory and warehouse management, in particular handling large volumes of seed
- Microsoft Office and Google Sheets
- English and Kinyarwanda
- Have the Right to work in Rwanda
Preferred Start Date
As soon as possible
Gabiro farm, Nyagatare District, Rwanda
Health insurance, paid time off
This role is only open to citizens or permanent residents of Rwanda.
8 June 2021
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here (email@example.com), but do not send applications or application materials to this email address.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion (DEI), and anti-racism are deeply connected to our organization’s mission and purpose. One Acre Fund aspires to build a culture where all staff feel consistently valued, represented, and connected – so that our team can thrive as professionals, and achieve exceptional impact for the farmers we serve.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.