About One Acre Fund
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies 1 million smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. We provide quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural trainings to improve harvests. We measure our success by our ability to make farmers more prosperous: On average, farmers harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
The HR coordinator is required to implement daily activities and provide excellent customer service to team members by supporting the implementation of TUBURA policy and procedures. The Holder of this position will be supportive and customer-focused.The HR Coordinator will report to the Deputy HR Lead and will work with payroll team to ensure improved support to all TUBURA staff members as relevant in Human Resources department. HR coordinator are office-based but one or twice a month you will work from the field offices to support field-based staff members as relevant.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develop a tracking system to ensure all teams set and monitor performance targets into their teams and ensuring team are using standard and approved processes
- Support management in monitoring performance with agreed upon performance standards and in taking corrective action against deviations.
- Ensure all staff are motivated to exceed performance targets.
- Ensure each team has an annual leave taking calendar;
- Develop a tracking system to ensure staff take their allowed leave days and advise team leadership on any challenge to ensure its smooth implementation.
- Ensure the leave application process is accessible and easy to use by the staffers, this will include the new process through human resources information system (HRIS).
- Maintenance and updating of OAF HR data from the (HRIS).
- Be a custodian of all staff personal files in your region by ensuring that ll staff records are accurate and filled in their personnel files in the central HR offices.
- Train and assist OAF staff with technical issues related to the use of (HRIS).
- Help prepare reports from HR database and HRIS for data quality assessment and other performance measures.
Payroll and Benefits coordination
- Coordinate with the payroll team to ensure every new team members is put on the payroll
- Ensure every staff member has all the required information before starting day and being added on the payroll also ensure each staff member in your region gets monthly pay slip.
- Ensure all new team members members get their medical insurance cards
- Ensure exit processes and prepare terminal benefits to the exited staff and make follow up with payroll teams to ensure deactivation of leavers on all benefits and payroll system
Other HR responsibilities:
- Staff training grievances and complaints management
- Be the contact person in your region, receive HR correspondences and draft appropriate responses.
- Attend monthly regional/district meetings and offer HR support to run field related HR decision and ensure its implementation.
- Maintain employee support and ensuring confidentiality
- Perform any other responsibility as directed by Manager
Career Growth and Development
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
We are looking for an HR professional with 1+ years of work experience and a passion for our mission. Candidates who fit the following criteria are encouraged to apply:
- Relevant educational background; degree in Human Resources, public administration or a related field.
- Sound knowledge of HR principles, practices, labor relations.
- Experience using and creating databases and spreadsheets (can maintain complex spreadsheets).
- Leadership experience at work, or outside of work, enthusiasm for learning.
- Build teams and work with colleagues from diverse backgrounds.
Preferred Start Date
As soon as possible
Commensurate with experience
Health insurance, paid time off
Sponsor International Candidates
No; Must have existing rights to work in Rwanda.
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here (email@example.com), but do not send applications or application materials to this email address.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.