Onduo, a Verily company, is dedicated to making “healthy” easier, more accessible and personalized with our science-backed, data-driven virtual care model. We serve people living with chronic conditions and the organizations supporting them by providing personalized care interventions that leverage connected smart devices, deep analytics, world-class software, behavior science and access to specialty care. Onduo, along with Verily, is building a team of talented people committed to creating a next generation platform to help people live well, while managing their health holistically. Onduo is headquartered in Newton, MA.
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Chief Medical Officer (CMO) will report directly to the Chief Executive Officer. The primary role of the CMO will be to provide leadership and direction for Clinical Service Lines in all aspects of clinical care. The CMO will be responsible for the strategy, direction, and execution of the company’s clinical development plans. The CMO will be a key member of the senior management team which oversees Onduo clinical and operational development and provides key input into the overall strategic direction of the company. The CMO represents Onduo to clients, potential clients, partners, media, and investors as the clinical voice to support Onduo’s growth.
• Set strategy, direction, and goals for Onduo’s Clinical Care with focus on data analysis, measurement, and quality.
• Work closely with Onduo Product/Engineering and Data to build stratification and service automation to improve the product/service.
• Participate in novel device evaluation for inclusion in the Onduo product line.
• Lead development of clinical and business evidence generation to support Onduo’s offerings and differentiated business.
• Provide clinical support to all members of the management team to develop and communicate the overall corporate strategy.
• Collaborate with cross-functional leaders (Sales, Client Success, Product, Engineering, Marketing, and Analytics) to determine key Onduo initiatives and goals, and effectively coordinate efforts to achieve them.
• Oversee the analysis and interpretation of clinical data and the reporting of clinical results.
• Lead interactions with academic thought leaders, investigators, and other clinical stakeholders.
• Provide clinical oversight of accreditation strategies and interact on behalf of the company with health authorities (NCQA, URAC).
• Represent the Company and its program to external audiences, including the investment, medical and regulatory communities, potential clients, as well as the digital health industry collaborators/partners.
• Represent the business at conferences and in media.
• Leverage networks to promote the business for partnership and pipeline opportunities.
• Ensure integration of clinical operations delivered by both internal and external resources.
• MD with board certification, 10+ years relevant clinical experience, primarily within the healthcare delivery and chronic disease management areas.
• Multiple years of management experience leading a clinical group including clinical/medical affairs and clinical operations.
• 10+ years building/managing virtual care solutions.
• Knowledge of relevant telemedicine related government regulations and guidelines as well an understanding of URAC/NCQA accreditation requirements.
• Knowledge of disease management principles deployed in population health.
• Thorough knowledge of clinical research concepts and practices with experience in application to telemedicine.
• 5+ years managing remote teams.
• Passionate about healthcare and innovations in the industry.
• Excellent critical thinking and experience making data-driven, results-oriented decisions.
• Strong communicator and track record of successful change management.
• Entrepreneurial, flexible, self-starter.
• Fluency with analytics.
• Experience with early stage venture-backed or high-growth companies a plus.
• Effective leadership, people management, communication skills and a team builder management style are essential. Must have the highest personal values and ethical standards.
Onduo is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.