At OnDeck, we improve the world’s economic landscape by changing the way small businesses access capital. We do it in an environment where we celebrate collaboration, but aren’t afraid of healthy competition; where we’re serious about our work but don’t take ourselves too seriously; and where we are small enough to be nimble but strong enough to make a big impact.
We are OnDeck’s People Operations team. We think big and empower ONDK for the future. We understand our business. We seek all point of views. We build high-quality partnerships. We ask the right questions to push our partners to think critically about the business. As the People Operations (HR) Coordinator, your role reports into the Director of People (HR Business Partner). The “POPs BP Team” is OnDeck’s People Partners, empowering Team Members to impact business success through Individual and Team results.
As the People Operations Coordinator at OnDeck, you will:
- Join the Business Partner team, collaborating on special projects with all of People Operations including Talent Acquisition, Total Rewards, Learning, and Facilities.
- Be an essential contributor and resource to many of our team members in our New York City, Denver and Arlington, VA offices.
- Optimize our new hire onboarding programs and employee initiatives that represent our culture, mission and values.
- Support and help facilitate our Performance Acceleration review process.
- Assist with the onboarding of new staff (from processing new hire paperwork and conducting background checks to data entry and system access).
- Coordinate social events for our NYC office, highlighting our small businesses.
- Be privy to highly sensitive and confidential information; leverage sound judgement and discretion at the appropriate times - always.
- Become a master (and "super admin") in our suite of HR technologies – we use Greenhouse for Talent Acquisition, Sapling for Onboarding, ADP for Payroll, Small Improvements for Performance and Goal Setting, Culture Amp for Engagement, Envoy for Global Mobility, and You Earned It for team member recognition.
- Above all, be a member of our POPs team and the OnDeck Community.
Necessary qualifications for success:
- At least 1 internship in a corporate environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PPT and technologies
- Detail oriented doesn’t even begin to describe your organization skills.
Nice-to-haves (not required):
- Previous HR experience is a plus
- Customer service mind-set and a can-do attitude
- Identifying and implementing process efficiencies
- Previous experience working with sensitive and confidential information
We’re all about teamwork, passion and making an impact. Oh and having fun – Whether it’s community service events, book club meetings, team get-togethers or weekly social hours in the office.
OnDeck is the leader in online small business lending. Since 2007, the company has powered Main Street’s growth through advanced lending technology and a constant dedication to customer service. To date, the company has deployed over $7 billion to more than 70,000 customers in 700 different industries across the United States, Canada and Australia.
In addition to our great benefits: https://www.ondeck.com/company/careers/
We also offer…
401K Match. Tuition Reimbursement. Paid Parental Leave. Company Outings. Hackathons. Company Sponsored Sports Teams/Clubs. Discounted Gym Membership. Office Learning & Development Training.
We are going to ask you to talk about your accomplishments. Here are some of ours:
- WorldatWork, 2017 Seal of Distinction
- Fortune 50 Best Workplaces for Diversity, 2016
- Fortune 50 Best Small and Medium Companies to Work For, 2016
- Fortune 30 Best Workplaces in Finance and Insurance, 2016
- Built in Colorado, Top 100 Digital Companies in Colorado, 2015, 2016
- Crain’s New York Business Fast 50, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
- Fortune.com and Great Place to Work 100 Best Workplaces for Millennials, 2015 Fortune/Great Place To Work Great Rated! People’s Picks: 20 Great Workplaces in Financial Services, 2015
- Crain’s New York Best Places to Work, 2013, 2014, 2015
- Colorado SHRM Best Companies to Work For in Colorado, 2015
- Forbes’ America’s Most Promising Companies, 2013, 2014
- Selling Power Magazine Best Company to Sell For, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
- Inc. 500|5000, 2013, 2014
As part of our dedication to maintaining an inclusive and diverse workforce, OnDeck provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OnDeck complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
OnDeck expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of OnDeck’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
**No external recruiters or agents, please.**