At OnDeck, we improve the world’s economic landscape by changing the way small businesses access capital. We do it in an environment where we celebrate collaboration, but aren’t afraid of healthy competition; where we’re serious about our work but don’t take ourselves too seriously; and where we are small enough to be nimble but strong enough to make a big impact.
Come join a dynamic, in-house legal team. You’ll have the opportunity to take the lead on innovative transactional matters, provide strategic legal advice to a variety of business teams, manage corporate governance for a growing public company, drive the company’s regulatory strategy and help manage governmental affairs.
At OnDeck, you will:
- Play a key role in corporate transactions by drafting and negotiating a variety of commercial agreements and assisting with transactional work
- Provide strategic legal and regulatory compliance advice to business teams, including product, marketing, finance, business development and operations
- Help drive OnDeck’s regulatory and government affairs strategy
- Manage relationships and activities with our Board, outside counsel, industry trade associations and others
- Support corporate governance for a growing public company
- Serve as external company representative with key stakeholders, including policymakers and industry, community, and advocacy organizations
- Help shape legal and regulatory frameworks and approaches that foster responsible innovation and enhance small business access to capital
- Be a key contributor in helping to grow a dynamic, fast expanding company
- Have a respectable work-life balance
- Make a meaningful contribution to the company's future and share in the rewards accordingly
Necessary qualifications for success:
- You have an undergraduate degree and a J.D. degree from top schools, an MBA or MPP is a plus
- You have at least 4 years of relevant legal experience, a mix of law firm and in-house experience is preferred
- You have strong corporate law and transactional experience, experience in financial services is strongly preferred
- You are self-assured and energetic with a dynamic personality and can inspire the confidence of the business team, management, colleagues, directors, and other support groups
- You have excellent drafting, analytical, and communication skills
- You have the ability and desire to work both collaboratively and autonomously
- Ability to critically analyze law, regulation, and public policy
- Strong public speaking and advocacy abilities
- Ability to build coalitions and work constructively with stakeholders
- You have an interest in helping our small business borrowers grow their businesses
- You are an active member of the NY state bar in good standing
At OnDeck, we make small business a big deal. We care intensely about each other, our company and the customers we serve, and are committed to making every day count.
As the largest online small business lender in the U.S. serving more than 700 different industries, we have been trusted by over 50,000 small businesses by providing them with a term loan or line of credit to help them build a growing and thriving enterprise. Since 2007, we’ve issued over $7 billion in capital.
Come be a part of a company that’s changing the game for small business financing.
Why Choose Us
We’re creating opportunities for small businesses and team members to grow and succeed. We do it in an environment where we celebrate collaboration and aren’t afraid of healthy competition; where we’re serious about our work and don’t take ourselves too seriously; and where we are small enough to be nimble and strong enough to make a big impact.
We also offer…
401K Match. Tuition Reimbursement. Paid Parental Leave. Company Outings. Hackathons. Company Sponsored Sports Teams/Clubs. Discounted Gym Membership. Office Learning & Development Training.
We are going to ask you to talk about your accomplishments. Here are some of ours:
- WorldatWork, 2017 Seal of Distinction
- Fortune 50 Best Workplaces for Diversity, 2016
- Fortune 50 Best Small and Medium Companies to Work For, 2016
- Fortune 30 Best Workplaces in Finance and Insurance, 2016
- Built in Colorado, Top 100 Digital Companies in Colorado, 2015, 2016
- Crain’s New York Business Fast 50, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
- Fortune.com and Great Place to Work 100 Best Workplaces for Millennials, 2015 Fortune/Great Place To Work Great Rated! People’s Picks: 20 Great Workplaces in Financial Services, 2015
- Crain’s New York Best Places to Work, 2013, 2014, 2015
- Colorado SHRM Best Companies to Work For in Colorado, 2015
- Forbes’ America’s Most Promising Companies, 2013, 2014
- Selling Power Magazine Best Company to Sell For, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
- Inc. 500|5000, 2013, 2014
As part of our dedication to maintaining an inclusive and diverse workforce, OnDeck provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OnDeck complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
OnDeck expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of OnDeck’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
**No external recruiters or agents, please.**