At OnDeck, we improve the world’s economic landscape by changing the way small businesses access capital. We do it in an environment where we celebrate collaboration, but aren’t afraid of healthy competition; where we’re serious about our work but don’t take ourselves too seriously; and where we are small enough to be nimble but strong enough to make a big impact.
The Associate Referral Agent role presents an exciting opportunity to start your career at OnDeck. This unique position is suited for a bright junior agent excited by the prospect of helping grow a new program within OnDeck. By helping businesses that OnDeck could not fund internally to find financing with one of our lending partners, you will learn about our products, become an industry expert, and help identify trends in the market that will directly impact the direction of our business.
Working in a small and entrepreneurial team, you will be a direct point of contact for our applicants and our internal sales teams, and establish relationships with our cross-functional teams and external partners. This is a great position to start your career, or shift your current career towards one that is sales and business development.
As an Associate Referral Agent at OnDeck, you will:
- Communicate with (by phone and email) OnDeck business financing applicants
- Submit and/or transfer business owners to our trusted lending partners that make sense for them
- Act resourcefully and in an innovative way to solve problems and complete tasks
- Analyze business profiles (including bank statements) for partner matching possibilities
- Report to management on customer relationships, pipeline, and new business opportunities
- Work cross-functionally with OnDeck sales, marketing and business development teams to continually innovate on our processes
- Collaborate with external lending partners to optimize processes and enhance our relationships
Qualifications for success:
- Loves small businesses
- Extremely detail-oriented
- Enjoys speaking on the phone
- Demonstrates consistency in output, results and process
- Excellent time management skills, ability to prioritize multiple tasks
- Understands internal and external stakeholders
- High-energy, relationship-focused
- A desire to grow professionally and a drive to succeed
- Ideal candidate will have 0-2 years of experience in Sales and Customer Service
We’re all about teamwork, passion and making an impact. Oh and having fun – Whether it’s community service events, book club meetings, team get-togethers or regular social hours in the office.
OnDeck is the leader in online small business lending. Since 2007, the company has powered Main Street’s growth through advanced lending technology and a constant dedication to customer service. To date, the company has deployed over $7 billion to more than 70,000 customers in 700 different industries across the United States, Canada and Australia.
In addition to our great benefits: https://www.ondeck.com/company/careers/
We also offer…
401K Match. Tuition Reimbursement. Paid Parental Leave. Company Outings. Hackathons. Company Sponsored Sports Teams/Clubs. Discounted Gym Membership. Office Learning & Development Training.
We are going to ask you to talk about your accomplishments. Here are some of ours:
- WorldatWork, 2017 Seal of Distinction
- Fortune 50 Best Workplaces for Diversity, 2016
- Fortune 50 Best Small and Medium Companies to Work For, 2016
- Fortune 30 Best Workplaces in Finance and Insurance, 2016
- Built in Colorado, Top 100 Digital Companies in Colorado, 2015, 2016
- Crain’s New York Business Fast 50, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
- Fortune.com and Great Place to Work 100 Best Workplaces for Millennials, 2015 Fortune/Great Place To Work Great Rated! People’s Picks: 20 Great Workplaces in Financial Services, 2015
- Crain’s New York Best Places to Work, 2013, 2014, 2015
- Colorado SHRM Best Companies to Work For in Colorado, 2015
- Forbes’ America’s Most Promising Companies, 2013, 2014
- Selling Power Magazine Best Company to Sell For, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
- Inc. 500|5000, 2013, 2014
As part of our dedication to maintaining an inclusive and diverse workforce, OnDeck provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OnDeck complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
OnDeck expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of OnDeck’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
**No external recruiters or agents, please.**