At OnDeck, we improve the world’s economic landscape by changing the way small businesses access capital. We do it in an environment where we celebrate collaboration, but aren’t afraid of healthy competition; where we’re serious about our work but don’t take ourselves too seriously; and where we are small enough to be nimble but strong enough to make a big impact.
Technology at OnDeck is a mix of building world-class user experiences for our partners and direct customers, data processing to enable underwriting model development and real-time lending decisions, automating operational and compliance workflows, and generating precise money movements and calculations to service our customers. We have an emphasis on scalability, reliability and accuracy. Architecture plays a very crucial role to develop processes that consistently define implementation strategies, evaluate technical risk, shape long term technical direction. While pursuing these goals, it’s also critical to maintain a collaborative approach with the rest of the development organization (EA’s customers) to avoid architecture in isolation.
As an Architect at OnDeck, you will:
- Evaluate designs, collaborate with development, product and business teams and sign-off for product feature designs
- Design technical solution options for the OnDeck Platform and Partner integrations.
- Develop a reference architecture and steer development organization towards it
- Assess existing and new technical risks associated with the OnDeck Platform
- Develop standards and best practices and identify areas of improvement.
Here at OnDeck we rely heavily on our tech leads to:
- Care deeply about making a business impact
- Focus on scalability, security and flexibility of solutions
- Innovate and promote learning
- Help engineers to thrive
Qualifications for success:
- Problem solving and analytical skills, ability to synthesize complex requirements and provide practical solutions.
- Understand the platform quickly, gain insights and be able to ask the right questions.
- Strong Distributed software system design fundamentals.
- Comfort with an Agile development environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with cloud based computing and designed/implemented Front end applications